Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hertzler Doings-Oct.5-11, 2009

Mon.-Housecleaned my little cottage chapel. A little mouse had made its home in my supply box. Stink bugs everywhere. I washed all the linens, washed the windows, swept the walls and floors.

Tues.-School. Met Lisa H. at Baines. She treated me to lunch and I treated her to one of my favorite books that I found on the shelf-"Julie" by Catherine Marshall.

Wed.-Taught school. I love it. Took Sarah F. along to youth group tonight. Met with Sara.

Thurs.-Ruth came over and she was the brains of the operation and I was the hands. Together we made a lined curtain for her bathroom. Made spice chiffon cake in the eve. to use up 7 of our chicken's eggs. Served with lite cool whip.

Fri-Home alone for the morning; first in a long time. Blogged and cleaned. Went out to Noah's to get an algae eater for Dr. H's aquarium at school. Here he had gone to Lynchburg to get one too. Maybe we'll have lots of little algae eaters before long. Susan likes to sit beside the aquarium in the back corner of the room. We don't have room in our house for one and I am glad that she is getting to experience one of my many childhood joys. I always thought that people would be more sane if they could sit in front of a fish tank for 5 min. a day.
Mickey and her grandson, Oran, 5, came over for a gator ride to the river, to the chapel, and out the lane. She is such a good grandmama. Oran is full of curiosity and this gives him much energy. I enjoyed their visit so very much.
Susan went home overnight with Makenzie. Philip and Freeman came home from Lynchburg and went bow hunting. Philip went to Martin's for the weekend.

Sat.-Had tea/coffee with Phil in the morning while we sat and talked on the sofa. I met Susan, Makenzie, and Lynn at the Railroad Festival in Appomattox later in the morning. Our school, CCA, won first place in the parade. We walked around, ate, watched the kids go on some rides, and bought some pottery on the spur of the moment.
A friend came over and spent a few hours in my chapel while I was gone. She had a good time.
Phil and the guys were doing some farming projects, went hunting and cleaned out a closet in the old house filled with 30 year old food of some kind. Lots of old blue jars. What a mess! Dishwasher worked hard all day. Chickens and ducks are still probably hungover.
Oct. 10-My nephew, Abie Schneck, would have been 24 today. His family is moving from the pain of the shock of his death to the pain of the realization that he is not coming home. I'm so sorry, sister dear.

Sun.-Really enjoyed church today. Felt like a family. Pastor Frank's 46th birthday.
Came home and Phil made me potatoes and eggs with mushrooms. I had it over salad. Watched a 007 movie in the afternoon. Jordan had an accident near Mickey's corner. The boys pulled it out of the ditch with a pettybone. He can't drive it and it is at the end of our lane. He feels fine, and we are thankful that he was kept safe.
I should go make Chace some chocolate chip cookies.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I agree - if everyone sat in front of a fish tank for a few minutes every day, think of how their stress level would go down. We had a big fish tank in the play room when I was growing up and we loved to sit and watch the fish.

Annie said...

Someday, we want to have a big one in a wall between two rooms. Wouldn't that be cool?