Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hertzler Doings-Oct. 12-18,2009

What a week.

This week, a student at school has been diagnosed with Bell's Palsy. She had surgery to remove wisdom teeth and the whole process of causing trauma to her head has caused trauma to a nerve on one side of her face. It is basically paralyzed. She cannot even close her left eye. This should be temporary but there is no guarantee. I love this girl. And her smile. It's one in a million. She has to be able to smile again. Dear Jesus, please heal her. I am an absolute emotional wreck over this. Please pray for her and her sweet family and for our school. Thank you.

I met with someone this week who is at the end of her rope in regards to her life situation. I would have been at the end a long time ago had I been in her shoes. I pray God gives her a way of escape and I pray for a miracle. I am emotional about this as well. I am not sure where to turn to for help. But I know that God is paying attention and sees her and will come to her aid.

The clutter in my life is overwhelming. I am trying to clean up and get rid of and I have limited amount of time and energy. Then Phil and the boys cleaned out the abbey and brought home alot of things. I really appreciated the industrial bread pans. I made 2 loaves in them this week. They make a loaf the size of regular bread. And we needed the glasses. But.... oh well. Salvation Army, here we come...eventually. Carleen came on Thursday and organized and cleaned alot of my kitchen for me. I can breathe a bit better. On Sat. Phil got me some filing cabinets and a counter top and I am going to organize a room in our bedroom into an office area for me. I think once I get this paper work organized, I will be more organized elsewhere. Paper, paper, paper. So many great things to read.

Phil was on the roof abbey all of Sat. shop vacuuming an inch of water off the 8,000 square foot roof. He was talking to me on his cell phone while he vacuumed and lost hold of it and it fell into a bucket of water. About 24 hours later, it worked again.

Philip got a deer this week and he and Michael cut it into strips and marinated it. For Sunday lunch, they and their friends roasted it over a fire down at the river and had cheese steak sandwiches. Freeman and Alli came here after church and we ate leftovers for lunch. They went back to church for Christmas music rehearsal. Phil, Susan, and I watched one of the Left Behind movies-Tribulation Force. I wonder if people really will have a second chance to accept Christ after the Rapture. That would be nice.

We had a guest speaker at church and he delivered us mail straight from the heart of God. I guess God had gotten our mail. It was overwhelming to know that God cared enough to send his messenger to us with a direct word of encouragement especially after our discouraging week.

We've been missing Johnny Hertzler. His birthday is coming up. Susan collected eggs and she got very sad, missing him, because the last time he was at our place, he collected eggs with her in the rain. They loaded up their t-shirts and carried oodles of eggs into the house without an accident.

And there are other things I just can't write about.

Sorry I am so blue. I am sure next week will be better.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I had Bell's Palsy many years ago - combination of virus, stress, and dental surgery. It went away after a few weeks. I still have some problems on that side of my face, but it does go away. In the meantime, it's yucky. Blessings to the little girl.

Annie said...

Oh thanks for writing this. She is getting better-about halfway there now. I'll let them know what you said. Annette