Saturday, July 17, 2010

Diane's Incredible Baked Potato Salad

When I was up in PA, my friend Diane made some copies of her recipes for me.
I've made the baked potato salad recipe twice so far.
You have to taste it.
I used fresh white, red, and yellow potatoes just dug up from our garden
and cut the larger ones in pieces.
I also used garlic salt and dried onions instead of the shallots and scallions since
several people in our family are not liked by onions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 bags (24 oz.) Baby Red Potatoes-diced in 1 inch cubes
1 Tbl Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp salt
1/4 Tsp pepper
8 slices bacon or 1 bag bacon chips in
1 cup Mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
6 small scallions thinly sliced
1 shallot-minced
1 cup sharp cheddar-shredded
1/ bunch fresh Italian Parsley-chopped

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss diced potatoes in oil, salt, and pepper and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Roast 20-25 min. until tender and lightly browned. Set aside to cool.

Blend mayo, sour cream, green onions, shallots, bacon and cheese in a large bowl; Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss cooled potatoes with mayo mixture and parsley until combined.

Can be made a day ahead. I did not use parsley. I also tossed the warm potatoes in the mixture and ate it warm. It is like a cheesy potato casserole when it is warm.

Thank you Diane!

No comments: