Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hertzler Doings-July 5-July 11, 2010

Mon.-Susan and I visited Mother in the morning. We picked up some baked potato soup at Yoder's. I need to make that. We went to Diane H's afterwards and spent the next 24 hours there. Went swimming in their beautiful in-ground pool. Had prime rib, broiled leeks and potatoes, salad, and tea and chocolate chip cookies for supper. They have tea together most nights. It was so great to be with Diane and her children whom I have loved since their birth-Meghan, Zach, and Caleb. They enjoyed hearing that I also repeat something 5 times to my children and when they say, "Yes, Mom. You've already told me 5 times!", I also say,"Watch your tone of voice," or "Watch your attitude." We all had a good laugh over that. Slept in Caleb's room since he went away and Susan slept in the 'Paris' guest room. *I am thankful for Diane's homemade, hand-stirred, chocolate chip cookies. I am thankful for supper around the table. I am thankful for the sense of humor in Diane's family.

Tues.-Woke up slowly in Caleb's darkened room. Had coffee and chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. Good talk with Diane. Swam some more and had an antipasto lunch at the table by the pool. (Oh, how I love Meghan.) Tearful farewells and I love you's.
Came back to Joe and Karen's. Susan went to be with Bradley. I went to be with Mother and Rosalee for about two hours before heading over to Naomi's for the eve. Naomi and I ate outside with the fan blowing. Mabe checked my oil for me. All the girls were home plus Zack. Christi asked, "Annette, do you like Tink?" I said, "I had so many animals growing up and they eventually died so now I am afraid to get attached to any animal, but I am attached to Angel and Sampson, but not Roxy." Tink is their teacup puppy. She licks my toes and I am not a big fan but she is a good distraction and she fulfilled and continues to fulfill her purpose in life with this dear family. My time with Naomi was too short. My wise and precious friend continues to drink from the cup that has been handed to her. I pray that the cup of blessing will soon overflow the cup of sorrow. *I am thankful for the way God redeems difficult situations. I am thankful for Steve and Mabe and they way they take care of my girlfriends. :) I am thankful for long term golden friendships.

Wed.-Woke up early and packed up. Left Hertzlerville at 7:01. Mom, Dad, and Bradley (10) came along back with us. We took their car to Schantz's. Janelle and Micah moved down this past Monday and her parents are helping her and they will take the Pa. Hertzler's back to their home on Sunday where they will pick up their car and drive home. Had a great trip. We listened to the Ingall Memoirs on tape some of the time. Stopped in at Phil's job in Appomattox. He is building the house he wants to build for me. It is terribly hot. Mom and Dad stayed with us for awhile and Phil took them over to Tom's where they will stay for two nights. *I am thankful for my wonderful in laws. I am thankful for my dear nephew Bradley. I might not give him back. I am thankful for the safe trip home. I am thankful that everyone was happy that we were back. I am thankful for home.

Thurs.-Brads, Susan, and I picked a bushel of green beans. They cleaned them while I tried to organize our lives once again. They went down to the river in the afternoon and after Janelle dropped off Micah, I took him down for several hours. I began to read John Eldredge's book, "Wild at Heart." Every woman who loves a man or has sons should read it. It's really good and it is freeing. Lindsay had just told me about it and I found it at Re-uzit Thrift Store in Morgantown this week. Micah enjoyed Three Stooges while Philip played cards with Susan and Bradley. Janelle's been running to town alot, getting things together for her house. Freeman is getting his things together too. Michael's been working on getting Cutco appointments. He is highly motivated. Phil is trying to salvage the dried up corn crop. He is making some silage while there is still green in the stalks. Please God, send the rain.

*I am thankful for Micah's tan little body and his very blond hair. I am thankful for Lindsay's phone call and the chance to catch up with her. I am thankful for the garden produce of sweet corn and tomatoes. I am thankful for the way Micah sat beside Phil on the sofa and for our son's happy words to Micah, "You come over whenever you want to. You come as much as you can. We are so glad that you are here."

Fri.-Went to the river with Brads and Susan. Mom and Dad here for supper and overnight until Sunday morn. I am thankful for the song I woke up to-"Hear Me Lord, and Be Merciful". Phil put music to that Psalm many years ago and Hopewell sang it as one of their worship songs. I am thankful that Tommy had time to play with Susan and Bradley. I am thankful for the supper of garden produce-tomatoes in our BLT's, green beans, zucchini, corn, and red potatoes.

Sat.-Song-"Hear me Lord." Mom and I played 'Scum' with Susan and Bradley. Mom would burst into full song while we were playing. She helped me cut out some material to make something
for a friend. I was looking for pictures of Freeman for the wedding. I found many of Johnny, and Mom and I picked up the cup of grief again and drank from its depths. Guys were chopping corn for silage. Took Mom, Dad, Susan, and Brads over to see Freeman and Alli's new place. It is going to be very nice. Just needs some paint and elbow grease.

Had a party for Freeman down at the river for his 26th birthday. Carl and Marcia, Janelle and Micah were there, as were all of Tom's, Mom, Dad, and Bradley, and the Bantons. We had hot dogs, sausages, cucumber salad, chips, tomatoes, onions, dill pickles, watermelon, grapes, carrots, s'mores, and pie and ice cream.
The cousins had fun swimming in the water and hanging out in our house and porch after they got back up.

I am thankful for Dad's words, as I drove him down early to the river, to watch the fire I had started. "This is beautiful...this place." and "You are married to a successful man." I am thankful for strawberry marshmallows which give a new twist to the basic s'more. I am thankful for my wonderful mother-in-law. Thankful for Phil's revelation-If we are judgmental of others, we may use up our storehouse of judgment and may be lacking in common sense and good judgment when we need it most. Thankful for Phil singing me to sleep.

Happiness is sitting on a big rock in the middle of the river with my future daughter-in-law, with two little darlings clambering around us, Emma and Adi, and the freedom to enjoy the moment without thinking we need to talk.

Sun.-Slept in again! Awaking song-"Blessed Quietness, Holy Quietness..." We all looked through little photo albums to find pictures of Freeman and had such a great time in the process. We were on our way to drop mom and dad off at Janelle's and had to stop to put the cows back in. Carl and Marcia took Mom, Dad, and Brads back to Pa. They will be home this eve. sometime. I had to cry when I said good bye to little Bradley. I told him he was sweet, but that he was a manly sweet, just like Jesus. We will see them again in about 28 days, which made the parting a bit easier. Went to church and was glad I did.

(Song I loved-'Jesus Paid it All') Pastor Frank preached about what we really should be rejoicing about-that our names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life. We should be spiritual and be filled with the Spirit in order to be a glorious church without spot or wrinkle. We should be submitted to one another. We should not be a runaway bride. He has made us worthy of His love.
~Communion-Remember, Examine, and Proclaim the Lord's death.
~Show who He is until He shows Himself to the world.
~If the blood of Christ cleansed Heaven, just think what it does for us.
~Jesus continually interrupted His ministry to the multitude to minister to the individual.
~In the Old Testament, when an clean person touched an unclean person, they became unclean. But under the New Law, Jesus, the clean, has touched us, the unclean, and now, we too are clean! Let it be so, Lord Jesus.
~Let us not just say we love Him, but prepare ourselves to be in His presence.)(We prepare ourselves to be in His Heavenly Presence by preparing to be in His presence now. We also prepare ourselves by being in His presence now.)

Brought Susan and Kelli back home with us. Freeman and Alli came later in the afternoon as did Philip, Michael and some of their friends. We watched 'America's Got Talent' and Phil read an Ernest Thompson Seaton book and took a nap. Janelle and Micah came over for a few hours. Phil reached for him when they were ready to leave and Micah gave him a big hug. Phil brought him to me and we had a nice big group hug. It was wonderful.
I am thankful for the good seed that fell on good soil this morning.
I am thankful that Mom, Dad, Bradley, and the Schantz's got home safely.
I am thankful that if I haven't had enough time to be alone, I cannot sleep, and therefore I have time alone to think and/or write which I am doing now.

No comments: