Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I finished reading my favorite Old Testament book recently.

When I read 'Isaiah,' I think, "This is for me.
I am part of spiritual Israel.
Zion is where His Temple dwells
and I am His Temple,
fit together with other temples of God
to make a living tabernacle in which He can dwell."

I am not sure if any other book lays open the
heart of God towards His own as Isaiah does.

I take His words and eat them and they are to me
the joy and rejoicing of my heart,
for I am called by His name.

I want everyone to read these words
and know His love,
so I post verses on face book,
hoping, praying,
for a hungry soul to grasp the intensity
of His love for them,
and once in awhile,
I can see that they do.

Isaiah's words burn like fire in my bones
and I feel God's passion to reveal
Himself to His children
as Almighty God,
full of loving kindness and truth,
willing to do what it takes
to draw a wayward people back to Himself,
so He can lead them into righteousness
to make for Himself a glorious name.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are so many wonderful verses in Isaiah,
loaded with actual and spiritual meaning.
Here are just a few.

10:27-"It shall come to pass in that day that his burden will be taken away from your shoulder, and his yoke from your neck, and the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil."

(Bondage will be broken and destroyed with the anointing oil. Reveal in our lives the truth of these words. )

11:2-"The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD."

(He was prophesying about Jesus. This is the same Spirit that rests and abides in us!)

25:7,8-"And He will destroy on this mountain the surface of the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death forever, and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces; The rebuke of His people He will take away from all the earth; For the LORD has spoken."

(I can't wait.)

Isaiah is a book to read and reread.

I think what moves me the most is the fact that God wants a relationship with His children so much, that even though they turn from Him and He chastises them, He brings them back to Himself, and gives them another chance to love Him. Meanwhile, His heart breaks at the devastation of their sin and the pain His rebuke causes them.

I can't read Isaiah without weeping.
I weep for God and His naked heart.
I weep for His heartache and mercy.

Heartbroken, Merciful God.

No comments: