Monday, April 12, 2010

Celebration Sunday Service-April 11, 2010

Pastor Alvin led worship. He leads worship like my dad auctioneered. When Daddy picked up an item to sell, if you wanted it, you'd better jump in and bid, because he wasn't going to wait on you to make a decision before he sold it to someone else.

Favorite Song: "Let the Worshippers Arise"

Two wonderful 'relief's' came to me today.
Visitation means relief.

Pastor Frank's prayer-"...God, will you cleanse and take out the money changing religious stuff in my life and in the temple of God here."

PF-All cultures understand sorrow and celebration. We understand that the Last Supper was a table of sorrow, but the table that we share with each other today is a table of celebration.

Today we took part in Communion, a mass baby dedication-done nicely I might add, the right hand of fellowship where folks joined this church, and a baptism.

I recorded what the people shared before they were baptized.
Different folks were baptized by different pastors in the baptismal
of our church. A microphone was placed outside of the baptismal
and everyone hope it wouldn't fall in, especially those in the water.

The pastor said, "I baptize you into the death, burial, and resurrection
of Jesus Christ." Then the person being baptized was laid back into the
water and brought back up again. After they come out of the water,
someone who loves them
greeted them with a big towel, a big hug, and dry clothes.
Precisely in that order I do believe.

(Most of the people being baptized were adults.
A few children were baptized by the Children's pastor.
When he baptized Susan several years ago,
he threatened to hold her under the water longer,
but she didn't worry too much.)

These are the wonderful things I heard by those
anticipating baptism.
They were questioned by the pastor,
"Why do you want to be baptized?"
Their Answers:
"Because I love Him and He's powerful."
"I want to commit my life to Christ."
"Because Christ live in me."
"Because it's an outward reflection of my inward commitment to Christ."
"I want all my friends and family to know God is my Savior
and I want to rededicate my life to Him."
"I am ready to commit myself to God...this is an outward expression
of His love. "
"I want to move forward and reannounce my faith."
"I love the Lord and He's my Father."
"Because I love Jesus and I want to obey and honor Him."
"Because the Lord is the person I talk to in the morning...
and at night and I want to be closer to Him."

Pastor Frank baptized the last people and then he just
stayed in the water and talked to us from there.
For a moment, I was picturing how it was with Jesus
preaching in a boat, surrounded by water in the sea
and by people on land.
How did His voice reach to all of those people?

PF-God is a God of order. God expected obedience in the way sacrifices
were performed. The ark of the covenant had to be carried in a certain way.
The tabernacle was set in order with specific instructions
and when the time was right,
the Shekinah Glory of God came to rest in that place of order.

He sent Jesus in the fullness of time.
When things were in order in the Upper Room-
they were in one accord-
the Holy Spirit came upon them.
When the House of God was in order,
He added daily those who were being saved.

As we get things in order here-
families committed to raising their children in a godly way,
baptisms into the faith,
people joining the fellowship,-
we are preparing ourselves for a visitation from God.
(I hope our temple is one where He will not only visit but will dwell.)

Once in awhile, a seeker will seek God with such intensity
that God will step out of His normal way of doing things
and show up to reveal Himself to the seeker.

(I had a sudden understanding. With Janelle and Micah moving down here in June,
without Johnny,
my heart has been raw again with fresh grief. I miss him so much. But suddenly, I thought of how much Johnny sought God. I don't know of anyone who loved and worshipped and sought God more than Johnny. And God stepped out of His normal order of doing things, and instead of giving Johnny the normal 70 some years or more of life, He took him. The Seeker took the seeker home to reveal Himself to Johnny in the way Johnny desired. Johnny found what he was seeking for. I leaned over and said all this to Phil. It made him cry.)

PF-Anticipate a 'Suddenly.'
Suddenly there's a sound from heaven.
Suddenly someone is healed, delivered, saved.
(Suddenly, there is comfort for the broken-hearted.)
"Would you bring a suddenly to your house again?" (Pastor Frank's hearts cry.)

The other wonderful thing that happened to me today was this.

I was thinking about how when Jesus visited the temple,
He made things right.

Sometimes, I am troubled by certain things,
and suddenly I realized,
that if what troubles me
troubles Him,
then He will fix it when He comes.

But if I am troubled about things
that do not trouble Him,
then He will fix my spirit
so I am no longer troubled by what does not trouble Him.

He will either make things right
or He will make me right
so that either way,
I will be relieved by His visitation.

After He cleansed the temple,
the blind and lame came,
and He healed them all.

Even so, Lord Jesus, come.




2 comments:

Lindsay said...

i love this. i especially loved what you wrote about johnny. that;s perfect. super perfect.

Annie said...

I just showed it to Freeman and it meant alot to him as well. I am so deeply comforted by that revelation. There are still many unanswered questions, but they 'are high, and I cannot attain unto them.' For now, I will embrace this sweet comfort and not be afraid to be a Johnny or an Enoch. Thanks, Linds.