Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hertzler Doings-April 5-11, 2010

Mon.-off school; Susan and I went to Lynchburg. Gone 9 1/2 hours! Shopped till we dropped. She made some wise purchases with money she had saved and earned. Hertzler menunloaded white van. On Janelle's property, they burned the humongous pile of trees and brush. Phil called all the fire depts. to let them know what was going on. Dug her basement today.

Tues.-2:00 in the morning Wonderful Wild Wet Wicked Windy Weather. Phil dressed and went to check on fire at Janelle's. Sparks flying sideways. Rain kept fire from spreading. I turned in the bed so I could look out the window without getting vertigo. Wouldn't want the lightning display to be wasted. Helen woke up her children to get them to the basement because it sounded like a tornado. Michelle cut her arm on storm door yesterday-1 inch deep, 2 inches long. Helen and other children went to pick her up this eve. I got Bethany in morning and Susan and her had a great day, playing monopoly, watching Three Stooges, driving the gator to the river and making a movie of themselves playing Ninja in the river. Susan up to her neck in water. They took lots of pics of bluebells. Watched Monsters Vs. Aliens tonight with popcorn and grape slushies and are spending the night in the camper. I worked on winter/summer clothing swap and planted more tomatoes. Walked to river. The bluebells are a vision of heaven. As far as I can see into the tangled woods, I behold ethereal blue. When I close my eyes, I see their purple-blue delicate droopiness.



Wed.-much vertigo. Eating wrong and reading a Western too long in the bathtub. Neck out of whack. Bought lime green and bright orange paint. Met with Sara at church. She was my counsellor and her words helped, comforted, and encouraged me. "Why am I 'here'," I asked. She said, "Because we need you."



Thurs.-Out to town. Dr. F. Allergy count is way high. Many people have joint pain, etc. Met Di at new establishment in town and had lunch with Pastor Lou and Arleen. Delicious cheesesteak on hard rolls. Women's meeting at Lindsay's planning Sat. event. Susan is getting her room ready for Judy. Painted her desk bright orange. Watched '8 heads in a duffel bag'. Funny movie-with Susan and Phil. Mike at Kroger's. People afraid because of tornado warnings. Got a phone call here warning us of tornado. Thunderstorm and high wind. God took care of something for Michael and I today. He made things right.



Fri.-Judy here most of the day. Painted Susan's room lime green. Kelly G. came for the weekend. Helped Susan paint her book shelves orange. Phil gave Susan two calves for a belated birthday gift. She loves them already. Took Judy to see the bluebells. We listened to 'You Were the Joy'-the video. I went to help set up ladie's event at church in the eve.



Sat.-Made cinnamon rolls for Alli's birthday gift. We dropped them off on the way to church. A few women came out today for Mother's Day ordering but not much happened. Susan did well as did Kelly but the day was too nice for people to come out. We enjoyed each other's company, eating Teresa's chicken and dumplings, singing around the piano, and talking. Cleaned up house a bit and did a load of wash and baked a turkey in the afternoon and eve.

Sun.-Celebration Sunday-Communion, baby dedication, baptism, and folks becoming members of the church. Kelli S. came home with us and after a lunch of turkey sandwiches, Phil, Alli, Freeman, Susan, Kelli, and I went arrowhead hunting. Phil found some perfect arrowheads. I rested in my little chapel for awhile. Philip with Christi today. Michael's friends are here-Chace, Travis, and Jordan. Freeman and Alli making a seafood and stuffed mushroom supper for us. They are having their first marriage counselling session with Gil and Lindsay tonight. Phil and I going to Financial Peace class. Mother sent email telling me what was written in her journals about me as a 2 year old. Said I was a charmer and that Alan and I loved each other so much. I have no bad memories of him. He was three years older than me.

No comments: