Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm King!

Have you ever played 'King of the Mountain?'

We played that game alot growing up.

There was a little hill at the property where we
waited for the school bus.

One of us would scramble to the top of the knoll-
just a few steps-
and yell,"I'm King!"

We remained 'King' until
a sybling came and pushed us
off and then they would yell,"I'm King!"

And this is the way the game continued until the bus came.

Sometimes,
even now,
I get caught up in playing 'King of the Mountain.'
But I'm getting pretty weary of all the climbing
and the pushing.

I don't want to play anymore.

How do I stop playing the game?

Does climbing the mountain make me fair
game to those who still want to be King?

What if I am climbing the mountain for other
reasons than wanting to be King for a moment?

Do I have to play according to the rules
even if I am no longer playing?

Do I have to give the appearance of playing the game
in order not to be injured while not playing the game?

What a merry-go-round!
What a ferris wheel ride!
I'm sick and tired of this game!
And I am mad, too.

I am walking away 'from this 'King of the Mountain' game.

I'm running my race to a different drummer.
I'm breaking out of the mold.

The bus is here and I'm getting on.

I'm going up to the Mountain of the Lord
where He will teach me His ways
and show me how to walk in His paths.

I'm climbing up to the top to be with the real King.

Here, at the top, no one can jostle Him from His place.
Here, at the top, there is room for all.

Won't you ride the bus with me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every valley shall be exalted.
Every mountain and hill shall be made low.

No comments: