Monday, April 19, 2010

Hertzler Doings-April 19-25, 2010

Mon.-Took my Sabbath Rest this morning. Read mother's journals. Decided that the best way to do her honor with them is to make her own blog site and enter her writings. Exercised. Walked to the river and laid face down in the sunny sand. This is my altar. The rippling waters. The quiet land. I saw a tree across the river that seemed to be alive. Looking closer, I saw that it was full of monarch butterflies. Dozens of them. And they kept coming from other places and congregated at the one spot. Oh, the extravagance of God. And I think He did it just for me. Ran some errands. Picked up kids. Susan has achievement tests this week. Mike doesn't have to go in until after lunch since he's a senior. Freeman dressed in camouflage and made war on the crows who are eager to eat the new corn sprouts. Philip working on the roof of Janelle's house. Susan and I stopped in to see Ray and him and Philip was walking on the two by four on the edge of the roof. He didn't see us and I didn't want to distract him especially with the nail gun in his hand and Ray 1 1/2 stories beneath him. Planted more garden in eve. with all but Freeman who is at Chi Alpha. Beans, beets, cucs, canteloupe, watermelon, yellow squash, and zucchini. My oldest brother joined facebook today. He asked me to be his friend and I was his first one. Now I'll have to behave. Phil working in fields today. I love his golden faced happiness. Someday, he will get to farm full-time.

Tues.-Picked up Lisa H. in the morn. and we went to our favorite hangout at Baines. Such a good time. Want to get together as families and play 'Dictionary.' We both played it growing up.
Taught school in afternoon and it was a bit rough. I think I tried to get too much done and the younger children were worn out with all the testing. Should have taken them outside after just a bit of music class. Freeman shot a turkey and made it in his special way. That boy can cook!
Found out from Gil that I am on staff next year for leading a small group of Longwood Chi Alpha girls through Cleansing Streams. So excited about that.

Wed.-Didn't sleep much last night. Thinking too much about the day before. Michael called on way to school. He was getting numb and tingly. Got him an appt. right away at Dr. F.'s and she thinks he had an allergic reaction to something. He ended up going back home from school since they cancelled regular classes. He's going to housesit for someone for about a week starting tonight. I'll miss him. Church in eve.

Thurs-Shopped with Lori K. all day in Lynchburg. Found my dress for the wedding, plus jewelry, and shoes. Had a blast.

Fri.-Happy Birthday, dear Mother. She is 85 today. What a lovely Mother and Grandma she is.
I hope you have many more years, Mother dear.
Susan off school. Michael helping with golfing tournament. Made watercress soup and froze alot of watercress so I can make it later. Incredible. Washed. Cleaned. Cooked. Sat. jobs because I'll be at Beth Moore tomorrow. Guys are getting Janelle's house completely undercover. Trusses were finished and half of roof as of yesterday. Phil planting more sweet corn. He's happy and lovable and close to home.
Bronson Fox came down this eve. Turkey hunting with Freeman tomorrow.

Sat.-Beth Moore Satellite Seminar at Cornerstone Christian Academy. 300,000 women viewing from around the country. She gave a shout out to our school at the beginning. At the end, one of the teacher's wanted to get our group to sing, 'In Christ Alone.' Then, the worship leader, led it at the end of the conference. Pretty amazing. 18 women from New Life there. Wonderful day. "So Long Insecurity.

Sun.-Church. Relaxing afternoon. Getting addresses together for invitations. Financial Peace Class in eve.

No comments: