Monday, April 12, 2010

Words Worth Repeating

Some quotes I've enjoyed lately:

"Learn the lesson that if you are to do the work of a prophet,
what you need is not a sceptre but a hoe."
(Bernard of Clairvaus)

"To inoculate me from the praise of man,
He baptized me in the criticism of man,
until I died to control of man."
(Francis Frangipane)

"The fact that someone LOVES TO LEAD
never impresses me. I want to know,
Do you love THE PEOPLE you lead?"
(Rick Warren)

"Strive to be first:
first to nod,
first to smile,
first to compliment
and first to forgive."
(from the (not-s0) Secret Society of Happy People's
Facebook page)

"We do ourselves and others a disservice
when we make old age something
to be feared.
Life is not a resource
to be used up, so that the older we get,
the less life we have left.
Life is the accumulation
of wisdom, love, and experience
of people encountered
and obstacles overcome.
The longer we live,
the more life we possess."
(Rabbi Harold Kusher)

"I have found that writing my fears
down one by one can often remove the panic
I feel when they are invading me
like a hostile army.
When we look at them lying helpless
in black and white on the pages of our journal,
they often assume their proper size."
(Morton T. Kelsey)

"They also serve
who only stand and wait."
(John Milton)

No comments: