Monday, April 12, 2010

Safety Nets

This burden just will not go away.

We all need safety nets.
Safety nets catch us if we fall.
Safety nets help us bounce back up.

The area in our life where people cannot touch
is most likely the area in our life where we are blind
and where we will most likely stumble and fall.

Having a safety net means someone is watching my back.

Having my back watched is like having a good solid
knot tied on one end of my safety net.

But, having a safety net also means that someone can
come to my face and speak words of loving truth
without being punished for it.

Having you watch my back ties the net behind me.
Having you free and willing to speak to my face secures the
safety net in front of me.

You are being loyal to me when you watch my back.
You are being loyal to truth when I see your face
and hear your words of admonition.

How sweet it is when one can remain
loyal to a person as well as to the truth.

How sweet it is when one doesn't have to
choose between tying one knot or the other.

Safety nets don't work when there's only one knot.
However painful the knotting of the net,
it sure beats the alternative.

Watch my back, will you?
And come, talk to me.

No comments: