Monday, September 13, 2010

Desire

"Desire"-Webster's-"to wish or long for; crave; covet; to ask for; to request.."

When I think of the word 'desire', I feel a longing in my stomach
that feels like homesickness in my soul.
These verses help me wish for, long for, crave, covet, ask for,
and request to know the One who desires me.

Psalms 37:4-"Delight yourself also in the LORD,
and He shall give you the desires of your heart."

Psalms 38:9-"Lord, all my desire is before You;
And my sighing is not hidden from You."

Psalm 62:5-"My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him."

Psalm 63:1,2-"O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
So I have looked for You
in the sanctuary,
To see Your power
and Your glory."

Psalms 72:25,26~
"Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth
that I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart fail;
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever."

Psalms 84:2
"My soul longs, yes, even faints
For the courts of the LORD;
My heart and my flesh
cry out for the living God."

Psalms 107:9~
"For He satisfies the longing soul,
And fills the hungry soul
with goodness."

And like the Greeks who came to Philip,
(recorded in John 12:21),
we too,
desire to see Jesus.

But what about His desire?

He desires that none should perish.
He desires that we be conformed into His image.
He desired the fellowship of the Passover feast
before He suffered.
He desires that we be with Him to behold the glory
which God has given Him.
He desires for us to walk with Him in the garden
and talk with Him there.
He desired to die for us
because His Father so loved the world,
that whoever believes in Him
might not perish,
but have everlasting life.

He desires to be our Desire-
the Desire of Nations
desires to be desired.

Oh, Desirer of my soul,
thank you for desiring me.
I desire You.

No comments: