Monday, August 1, 2011

Perspective

Revelation 1:15-18~

"...and in the midst of the seven lampstands,
I saw One like the Son of Man,
clothed with a garment down to the feet
and girded about the chest with a golden band.

His head and hair were white like wool,
as white as snow,
and His eyes like a flame of fire;

His feet were like fine brass,
as if refined in a furnace,
and His voice as the sound
of many waters;

He had in His right hand seven stars,
out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword,
and His countenance was like the sun
shining in its strength.

And when I saw Him,
I fell at His feet as dead.
But He laid His right hand
on me saying to me,
"Do not be afraid;
I am the First and the Last.
I am He who lives,
and was dead,
and I have the keys of Hades
and of death..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And do not fear those who kill the body but
cannot kill the soul.
But rather fear Him
who is able to destroy both
soul and body in hell.~Jesus
(Matt.10:28)

The LORD is my light and
my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
(Ps. 27:1)

Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You.
(Ps. 56:3)

...Do not be afraid of their threats,
nor be troubled.
The LORD of hosts,
Him you shall hallow;
Let Him be your fear,
And let Him be your dread.
(Isaiah 8:12b,13)

1 comment:

Shanda said...

I have just read a couple blogs today about fearing God and now worrying about what others say of us. Our salvation is in him. God is telling me something!