Monday, July 20, 2009

Book Report-'A Continual Feast'

Oh! I love this book. (Another Goodwill find)
Have you ever read 'The Mitford Series' by Jan Karon?
I've read them all.
It's like taking a mini vacation into another place and time.

'A Continual Feast' is a collection of
Father Tim's 'words of comfort and celebration.'
It is full of some of my favorite
Bible verses and quotes.
I feel like I could have written this book-
or at least my mother could have written it.

Here's a quote I like printed right on the cover:

" The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.
The second is to look things in the face
and know them for what they are."
by Marcus Aurelius

There are quotes from the Bible, like I said,
as well as quotes from Augustine, Oswald Chambers,
C.S.Lewis, Madame Guyon, and Hannah W. Smith,
and others.

I am so happy!
What a treasure I've found!

No comments: