Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dear Lindsay Letters

Lindsay is a really dear friend of mine.
She is married to a great guy, Gil, and they have two little girls, Emma and Adison.
Sometimes, Lindsay asks my advice and I thought I might
blog some of the answers I give her
via the form of a personal letter to her.
Perhaps another young mother might read
something that will help her navigate
her way through uncharted territory.
I do not think I have all the answers
and most days I am more aware
of what I've done wrong as a mother
than what I've done right.
But I trust the Lindsay's out there
can learn from my mistakes.
People look at our family
and some think that we are just about perfect.
Others know better.
One thing I am sure of-
we have a Redeemer.
Every day,
I need Christ, the Redeemer,
to redeem the mistakes I've made.
For the things we've done right,
we have Him to thank as well.
Someday,
my family will stand around God's throne
in Heaven,
and together we will worship Him,
saying,
"Blessed Redeemer.
Precious Redeemer."
Our imperfections as parents
will perhaps be the very thing
that makes our children look
for the perfect parent.
They will find that
perfect parent
in their Heavenly Father.
So I said all this to say,
'Feel free to read Lindsay's mail.'

No comments: