Monday, November 16, 2009

Hertzler Doings-Nov.16-22, 2009

Mon.-Made chili for the guys to take on their hunting excursion. Made lots of pureed vegetable soup-3 gallons to serve 50 people for the 4-H dinner at school tomorrow. Michael called from school. He had thrown up and thinks it was because he had some lumpy spoiled cream in his coffee. I wrote about it on face book and got alot of response. Took Susan to see Dr. Tom because I was worried about her back pain. It wasn't mono or her spleen. It was a pulled muscle and her floating rib was out of whack. He manipulated and massaged her back, being the osteopath that he is, and prescribed some strong pain meds and muscle relaxer and ice and heat. She feels better already. Phil, Philip, and Michael are cutting firewood this eve.

Tues.-We are trying to learn all the words to our songs for the school program on Dec. 6. Colored big papers and made airplanes for K and 1st while they listened to "Silent Night" over and over. A mocking bird attacked our car in the parking lot at school. We think he was seeing his reflection and was trying to chase 'the other guy' off. Went out to town during my break and found some treasures(silver chalices) at Salvation Army. Judy called. Court date was changed. More waiting... Too cold and damp to walk outside. Walked and ran in the school for about 20 min. Michael worked on fencing after school while Susan and I helped with the select choir. The 4-H group that raised chickens are eating them at the banquet tonight. We were invited but decided that we could get alot done in the two hours we'd have to wait. They sent an uncooked one home with us and we'll have it tomorrow for supper. We stopped at Chinese Bill's for supper tonight. So tired. Tuesdays are exhausting, as are Wed.

Wed.-Happy Birthday to the most wonderful Mother-in-love in the world!!! My Chinese food kept me up half the night and I ate crackers and tea for most of Wed. Had a great day at school getting our Christmas songs tweaked for the program in 2 1/2 weeks. I love these kids and this school. Susan's back is giving her alot of pain and she misses her friend, Makenzie. She tries to be cheerful. Kincaid made up a classic joke on the way home which I am going to use in all kinds of versions. ( See blog-'On the Way Home') Went to church in eve. Susan loves youth group and they both always tell me what Pastor Alvin spoke about. I met with Sara in the conference room. What a treasure she is.

Thurs-First time for everything. It's my first time of shopping in Lynchburg all day by myself. I had a great time. Bought some clothes for myself at Kohl's. I used to be XL. Now I am in between a M and a L. Went to ACMoore and got supplies to make gifts. Best Buy lost a sale when the guy didn't put batteries in the camera that I wanted to check out. He said that they were dead and that there were no more in the drawer for him. Could hardly believe it. I wanted to see if they have the black and white feature that allows you to pull out one color. I asked him if I should go buy some batteries for him. Oh well. Went to the mall and Sam's Club too. Michael working tonight. Guys are getting ready for bear hunting.

Fri.-Susan in too much pain to go to school. Slept until after 10. Felt better then but still must move slowly. We painted smooth rocks today and wrote words on them-love, peace, start, I love you best, I love you, fear not, etc. We sprayed with acrylic sealer and glued stickers and magnets on them. They look really cute on the fridge. Michael cleaned his cadillac really well and hopes to sell it tomorrow. Naomi and I caught up on phone. Hope to go hear her speak in April and we want to go to Mary's retreat in Feb. That will make it easier for me to say good-bye to Phil's family and mine on Christmas week, knowing that I'll be back up soon to see them.

Sat.-Made pumpkin bars and shoofly pies for young adults missions trip bake sale. Cleaned the house. Watched a movie with Susan.

Sun.-Church. Sammy Jo stayed with me during the worship service. I love her to tears. PF shared his vision for expansion and where he feels God is leading the church. Took Haley, Susan, and Alli to Country Cookin' for lunch. Haley came back home with us and she and Susan played a board game in the afternoon and Haley will go back with Jordan when he goes in for their leadership meeting.

No comments: