Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Retirement

I get a kick out of this verse in Joshua 13:1-"Now Joshua was old, advanced in years. And the LORD said to him: 'You are old, advanced in years,..."

I think God might say to Joshua,...'So it's time for you to retire. Find someone to finish up your job. It's time to rest and golf and write your memoirs.' That would have been nice of God to give Joshua some down time.

But noooo....The LORD continues to say to him..."You are old, advanced in years, and there remains very much land yet to be possessed."

That's exactly what He said. And then He went on to describe to him all of the land that had yet to be possessed and how he should divide it.

I am going to take this personally.

I am going to believe that I will never be too old to keep on
"possessing the land."

And when I take that final breath, I will take it anew in another land
I've been possessing in part my whole life; but now I will possess it completely.

Beulah land will be mine.

No comments: