Sunday, November 15, 2009

Three Things

When I was at the Women's Retreat at the end of October, the speaker, Linda Seagers, shared with the Women's Committee that there are three things required of those who want to be part of Women's Ministry.

#1-We need to love God.
#2-We need to love women.
#3-We need to be slow to take offense. There are many hurting women and they will take out their woundedness on us.

I have thought of this third point many times since then. I pray for the women of our church. I pray that we will love each other and be willing to slide on each other's shoes and walk a mile. I pray for eyes to see what the other one sees. I pray for understanding and compassion. I pray that we will give each other the same grace and mercy that Christ has bestowed on us. I pray for friendship and sisterhood and mothering.

Oh, God. Help us.
Give us unity.
Give us love.
Give us a mouth that speaks kind words.
Give us your eyes to see into the soul.
Give us your eyes to see hidden treasure.
Give us your heart.
Give us your ways.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

One thing that helps me is to remember that churches aren't full of perfect people, but are more like hospitals for sick souls. And I count myself among them. We aren't there because we are perfect; we are there, hoping to "get perfected" by our fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Annie said...

Yes, I agree. We are Christians because we need a Savior-not because we are whole.