Thursday, May 27, 2010

And in the Night

Psalm 42:8-"THE LORD WILL COMMAND
HIS LOVINGKINDNESS
IN THE DAYTIME AND IN THE NIGHT
HIS SONG SHALL BE WITH ME."

I was reading my mother's journals and noticed that after my father died, God began to give her a song in the night. She would be singing it in her spirit when she woke up. My father passed away in February of 2004. She is still waking up with a song.

She writes the songs down each day. When I was up visiting, she showed me her list.
I looked it over and said, "Okay, I don't like this. There are too many songs about heaven on this list!"
She laughed and said, "Most of those songs about heaven are on a CD that I've been listening to."
I was slightly relieved.

I love my mother so much.
I want her to stay alive for a long time because I want to talk to her and hear her voice. I love her sense of humor and the way she makes me laugh. She's our wheel in the middle of the wheel and I don't know what any of us would do without her.

I love my mother so much.
I want her to go and be with Him,
and breathe the sweet air of heaven,
free from tangled oxygen cords,
free from the sorrows of life,
free from the contradictions of a failing body
that houses one of the keenest minds in the world.

I want her to go to sleep in her room
and wake up in her mansion in heaven.
I want her to see His wonderful face
and I want her beautiful face to be kissed by Him.

I love my Mother.
All of her children and grandchildren do.
All of her many friends love her also.
And God loves her best.
He knows her end from her beginning.
I will trust her times to Him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please notice the new blog I have listed on my sidebar;
IBLieve. This is a pen name for my 85 year old mother.
She has kept Biblical journals for years and years.
She has read the Bible over 50 times in different translations
and taken notes on what she's read.
Enjoy her poetry as well.
Much of her poetry was printed in Christian magazines.
It is a joy to process her journals, not only for their contents
but also because I do not have
to edit them AND she has the most perfect penmanship in the world!

No comments: