Saturday, May 1, 2010

Waiting Amplified

God waits on us.
We wait on God.

Perhaps Isaiah would have said it this way
when he was in a more talkative mood.
(Isaiah 30:18-Amplified version)

And therefore, the LORD earnestly waits-
expecting, looking, and longing
to be gracious to you;
and therefore He lifts Himself up,
that He may have mercy on you
and show loving-kindness to you.

For the LORD is a God of justice.
Blessed-happy, fortunate, to be envied-
are all those who earnestly wait for Him,
who expect and look and long for Him,
for His victory, His love, His peace,
His joy and His matchless,
unbroken fellowship!

He expects, looks and longs for us.
And we are blessed if we do the same for Him.
I have this verse by my desk and I read it often.
I love how 'He lifts Himself up' to be kind to me.

He gets up off His throne to show me loving kindness
and tender mercies.
I look for them.
I wait.
And as I wait,
He gives me His sweet unbroken fellowship.

And then I realize,
that this sweet unbroken fellowship,
IS His loving kindness towards me.
It IS His tender mercy.

What better gift could He give me than this?
Thank You, dear holy and merciful God.

No comments: