Thursday, May 27, 2010

Truly Sexy

In this day and age,
sexiness has a distorted connotation.
Unfortunately,
the portrayal of sexiness has more to do with one's appearance
and what one is,
or is not,
wearing.

But,
I think there can be a good sexiness,
a godly sexiness,
if I may say so.

The other day,
a young girl said something about being sexy
and I asked her if she knew what that meant.
I said to her,
"True sexiness is when you are confident, happy, and kind."

It just rolled off my tongue and I've been thinking about it.

I know that nothing makes my husband happier than when I smile at him.
One day he looked at me and said, "I think I love your face most of all."

And kindness dressed in sweat pants is more beautiful
than irritation dressed in perfection any day.

So, young ladies,
don't try to be sexy.
The magazines have it wrong.

Just be yourself and have confidence in God.
Be kind and be happy.
Enjoy your life and be free.



3 comments:

Janet Oberholtzer said...

Love this!! Great thoughts written in a cool way.

Annie said...

Thanks. You were one of the women who came to my mind as I wrote this. (That's a compliment.) :)

Lindsay said...

:-)