Monday, February 22, 2010

Gems from My Mother's Journal

Hosea 2:19, 23~And here God pictures Himself as a loving Husband~"I will betroth you to me forever, yes, I will betroth you to me in ~~~loving kindness and compassion. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. Then you will know the Lord.~~~"And I will say to those who were not My people, 'You are My people!' and they will say, 'Thou art My God!'" (A prayer and a hope for our unsaved loved ones.ah)

A Wonderful Statement! Joshua 21:45-"Not one of the good promises which the Lord had made to the House of Israel failed; All came to pass."

Joshua 24:7-"But when they cried out to the LORD, He put darkness between you and the Egyptians."
Exodus 14:10
~In this story of the Israelites from Exodus through Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, I noticed that God responded when the Israelites cried to Him. At the Red Sea they cried to the Lord but complained bitterly to Moses. Even so, God performed this wonderful miracle of the darkness. And I wonder again, would He prefer our crying to Him even in complaint rather than not at all? And I remember that in reading the prophets there were times where the prophets said to them after some terrible experiences, "Even then, you did not cry out to the Lord your God."

No comments: