Monday, February 1, 2010

Hertzler Doings-Feb 1-7, 2010

Mon.-no school due to snow leftovers. Took down the manger scenes and put up other mementos. Ryan and Philip were trapping on river. Philip got wet right away in the morning and was wet all day. Michael worked in afternoon and eve. at Krogers and got the info that there will be no school tomorrow either. Phil in office most of the day. Michael got his tags moved over to his new car. Freeman organized his possessions and went to see Alli. Susan and I watched The Bachelor in the eve. and it is plain weird. How can a guy be in love with 5 different girls at the same time?

Tues.-No school. Michael worked at Kroger in eve. Took him 50 min to get home. Almost went off the road into the ditch and the cliff 5 times on his way down our lane. They sent him home early. Eating too much and not getting a whole lot done.

Wed.-No school. We weren't going to go anyway because we couldn't get out of our lane.
Made some bread. Did a few things. Feeling foggy. Loved the sun. Michael tried to get out to Farmville but our lane wouldn't let him so he backed back down it and came home.
Chatted with Susan's teacher on facebook. She will fax her work to her if we can't get in. Now, that's a friend and a teacher! I haven't been out since last Wed. night. I could become a very chubby hermit at this rate. Two hour delay tomorrow. We'll see...Need to get groceries. Wish I felt motivated. I am just waiting. Waiting. Not nervously or with fear, but just waiting. I guess I'll know what I am waiting for when it happens.

Thurs.-Got out the lane. Ran errands and waited in a long line at Krogers. Went to Dr. Forand. She said my thyroid is enlarged..explains the sluggishness. Ate some Rye bread when I got home with Susan. Threw up. Could it be the rye bread?

Fri.-feel like cement was poured into the mold of my body. Dragging all day. Snow turned to freezing rain turned to snow. I dreamed about Abie last night. We were at a large retreat center with my side of the family. He was suddenly in a room with my mother, Freeman, and I. I asked him how he was and what Heaven was like. He shook his head side to side, searching for words, 'Heaven is...wonderful.' Mother asked him what he would be studying and who his professor would be if he had not died and he told her. His face was filled out nicely and his hair was tousled. After awhile, he said, 'It's time for me to go,' and he went straight up in the air through the ceiling. I was telling everyone about seeing him. I remember walking hand in hand with my Uncle Merv telling him about seeing Abie. When I told Phil my dream, we both had to cry. It was a nice start to my lazy day. Susan and I watched 'Paris when it Sizzles'. Audrey Hepburn plays in it. I had borrowed it from Lindsay. It was written by someone with severe ADHD. It was awful. Afterwards, I said to Susan, "I'm not sure if I can be friends with Lindsay anymore." That struck us both so funny we couldn't stop laughing. Ryan and Philip caught a beaver or an otter, I forget which. Daniel Petersheim came over in the eve. to weather the storm here since he lives alone. He is so polite and friendly. Our whole family loves him. I made baked blueberry oatmeal, scrapple, and homemade mac and cheese with Christmas ham bits scattered in it. Mike made some Kroger pizzas and the guys played video games in their apartment. Phil, Susan, and I watched Twister until the electricity went off permanently around 11. Went to bed but Phil got up after about an hour because he was concerned about the pipes freezing. Michael helped him hook up the generator and they slept next to each other in the hay until the tractor warmed up. It took them a couple hours and when he came back to bed, he couldn't get warm. I finally got him two heating pads and that did the trick and he was off snoring, and then I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up.

Sat.-Hung around together, playing games, eating, etc. Electricity came back on around 11:30. Phil plowed lane in eve. Naomi called. They have 2 feet of snow.

Sun.-So happy to go to church and hug people and talk with them. Held Adi in church and she fell asleep. Lindsay's 29th birthday. Freeman had spent the weekend with them at The Chi Alpha Retreat. Travis and Chace here in afternoon. Phil, Susan, Freeman and I watched alot of Monk in the afternoon. Philip at Harvest Youth's Super Bowl party. Freeman went to Chi Alpha's Super Bowl party. Susan threw up after eating rye bread and I feel sick on it too. I wonder if I throw out the rye flour and the rest of the bread if the chickens, or birds, or dogs will start throwing up too. Maybe I should burn it. It's the oddest thing.
Phil had to run out Sunday eve. to our furnace guy and get a thing to fix the fan. The house was getting really cold because the fan wasn't working. School is starting 2 hours late tomorrow.

No comments: