Monday, February 22, 2010

Hertzler Doings-Feb.22-28, 2010

Mon.-Phil, Freeman, and Philip home due to rain and due to the fact that the job in Richmond is wrapping up for the time being. Phil is checking into other jobs right now. Phil worked on paper work and the guys worked on other projects. Freeman got the internet up and running. My blogging notebook is backed up. I went for an hour walk today, out the lane and then to the left on Cutbanks, down to the tobacco barn. Probably three miles. It started to rain on the way back but I was so hot it felt good. I weighed myself this morning and I had reached the goal the insurance company had for me. Somehow, in the last two years, I have lost 35 pounds and 5 inches off my waist. They would like me to lose another 25 lbs but I think I will try for 15 lbs and see what I look like. I started married life underweight at 120 lbs and kept 20 lbs with each child plus added 10 more for good luck! So I still weigh 55 more lbs than I did when we were married. I ate a cookie today and it was too sweet and tasted so fatty. I'd rather have lettuce! I guess the brain and the body can get used to anything. I made oatmeal raisin cookies at Freeman's request and I added chocolate chips to the last half of the dough. Also made cornmeal mush with mom and dad's home roasted cornmeal. We'll fry it up tomorrow morning. Michael loves it.

The computer won't save this entry so I had to print it. I guess I'll add a day at a time.

Tues.-Back teaching music. Michael came in my room during a break and read me the letter he will memorize for the Civil War Recitatio. It is a letter that a soldier wrote to his wife during the war. He died a week later. His wife did not get the letter until the war was over. It is SAD. He is very excited to memorize it and said, "Plus, there are some really good lines in it." I think he will be using them to express his love for someone special some day. Susan spent several hours dipping eggs and filling orders.

Wed.-School. Errands. Home. Church. Sara. To bed exhausted.(Not because of Sara)

Thurs.-Wiped out. Good to have a sunny day at home.

Fri.-Great day at home. Studied. Exercised. Blogged. Cleaned. Caught up with Carleen and Judy.
Cooked. Made an incredible bear roast with horse radish and mushrooms in crockpot, plus mashed potatoes, and veggies. Also bear scrapple for tomorrow. Watched Ocean's 12 with Phil and Susan. Michael worked at Krogers. Freeman went to bed early. Philip went with Christi to a dress up dinner theatre put on by Whitney F. and her group. Oh-Michael and Susan had an encounter with a possum on their way home from school. Michael won.

Sat.-Day at home to wash, clean, cook. Freeman smoked bear ribs. Phil out with Dave P. to check windows on the place that Phil might be working on. Philip trapping. Went to see Dr. F. Says I am dealing with mold in the house issues. We don't see any mold. Low energy, achey.

Sun-So good to be at church with friends. Good service. Home for the afternoon. Guys here visiting Mike and Philip, Alli here with Freeman, and Kelli S. here with Susan. Phil napping on sofa, Alli and Freeman baking cookies, I'm blogging and reading Mother Teresa book, and girls out hiking around. Going to Financial Peace Class tonight.

No comments: