Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Baked Oatmeal

I got this recipe from the cookbook-"The Best of Mennonite Fellowship Meals"-
put together by Phyllis Pellman Good and Louise Stoltzfus.

The summer of my Junior year in high school, I worked for Merle and Phyllis Good
at Dutch Family Festival. I acted and sang and gave lectures on Amish and Mennonites.
It was a wonderful time and my employers were great people. In later years, they overextended
themselves and went bankrupt but through the sales of this cookbook and a number of others,
the Good's paid off their debts. I was always proud of them for doing that.

This recipe was submitted by Miriam M. Witmer.
I usually double it and sometimes add fruit.

1/2 cup cooking oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar

3 cups oatmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk

1. Combine oil, eggs, and sugar.
Add oatmeal, baking powder, salt, and milk.

2. Bake at 350* for 30-35 min.

I like to use brown sugar or coconut sugar instead of regular sugar.
I mix the dry ingredients together before adding them to the wet ingredients.
I add the milk last.

Your dad especially likes this with raisins.

No comments: