Saturday, September 12, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Sept. 7-13, 2015

Mon. -Labor Day. Lots of work going on at the farm. Went with Karen to get a bushel of peaches for $14, a basket of apples for 5.50, and a peck of pears for $4 at Phares Martin's. Uncle Wes and Aunt Elsie stopped in to visit Mom and Dad. Jonathan, Karen, Anne, and David came to visit in the afternoon. The OT was here and said that Dad was doing really well. Dad is painfree without pain meds. It's a miracle. We watched St. Francis of Assissi in the eve. I texted my family to let them know that dad was painfree. I read to him their comments. Phil-'That is blessed.' Freeman-'Praise God'. Philip-'Excellent'. Michael-'That's great to hear!' Susan-'Thank you Jesus.'

Tues.-Woke up and hear Mom singing upstairs and Dad singing downstairs. I don't think they could hear each other. Mom went to Shady and the chiropractor and I stayed with Dad. Jonathan came to play and we drove tractors around on the woven wool rug. I made some charts for dad so he could check off his exercises, etc. The PT-Howard came. He told the story about a woman client. He asked to see her maneuver her way in and out of the shower. She asked,"Are you going to give me a shower?!" He said, "You have a better chance at seeing God than in having me give you a shower." After another wonderful lunch I went to see Dave and Elva Burkholder, then to Reuzit where I got some Coke glasses for Philip and some videos for Dad, then to BB's, where I stocked up on gum, mayonnaise, and breakfast bars for Nathan. I froze 5 bags of peaches before supper. Paul and Linda came in the eve and stayed for two hours. It was nice to catch up with them. I loved hearing about their kids and grandbaby. Linda will be teaching Jonathan in pre-school this year. I envy them both a little bit. Got to bed soon after 9:30. I put the fruit out in the car first and opened the windows to cool them down. It was 91 degrees today.

Wed.-Said good-byes to Debra, Mom, Dad, Jonathan, Joe, and Karen. Hit the road by 8:15 and after a long sleepy drive, got home around 5:30. I drank coffee, coke, and Snapple, took a nap at a rest stop, and stopped at a Cracker Barrel to shop in the gift shop, all in an effort to stay awake. Drove through a wild rain storm near Appomattox. Unpacked the car in shifts between downpours. Caught up with Susan when she got home. That was nice.

Thurs.-Another catch-up day. Washed. Sorted through small bags of stuff I always take with me. Froze all the peaches. Made a big batch of Calico baked beans. Saw Alli, Freeman, and Nathan for a short time. She bought me groceries while she was out. Nathan grew up while I was gone. That haircut turned him from a baby into a little man. Jessica and I told Phil and Michael about their birthday gift of flight. They were going to do it this Sat. but Michael's ears have been bothering him. He was so glad we told him now because he wouldn't be able to fly without brushing up on the single engine, plus the weather was iffy, and his ears were too congested to make the flight. Now they can pick a time to go when things are more ready.

Fri.-Happy Birthday Dear Philip! So quick to be born, so quick to love, so quick to learn/ How thankful I am. Went to the chiro. this morning. Alli and Nathan came over for a visit. She cut up cabbage and potatoes for me. I took N on gator rides and he kept looking up and me and smiling. I think he was so glad we were back together again doing our thing. Then he'd snuggle in and let me kiss him over and over. We had the best time. I made a chocolate cake, baked potato salad, and cole slaw. Did some wash. Cleaned the bathrooms. Dusted the house.

Sat.-Vacuumed the house, washed floors, did some wash, cleaned the outside fridge a little, plugged in the baked beans, and watched the weather report. We are having a surprise party for Michael in less than two hours. He's been in the house a lot and I am so glad I made the food and got it over to the fridge in the mancave yesterday. Jessica is coming soon. He asked if it was okay for her to come and I hesitated and I said that I think it would be all right. All a part of my act. I'm starting to understand why I don't do surprise parties. I feel like I am keeping secrets from someone, or lying, or acting a lie. I think he is completely clueless. If you read this before 3:30, please do not let him know.
We succeeded in surprising Michael. Philip invited him and Jess over to eat leftovers from the party the guys had for Philip last eve. and to watch a Monk. Soon after they left, Jordan showed up. Then Tommy T. and Chace. They brought food and the can Frisbee game and started the fire. Alli, Freeman, Nathan, and Phil came and I sent a picture over to Philip letting him know we were ready. Michael thought it was strange when they wanted to leave in the middle of Monk and come help me with something. We surprised him, though, and had a lovely evening of talking around the fire, playing volleyball, and the Frisbee game. Erin West came too, right before Michael and Jessica got there. We had hot dogs, baked potato salad, cole slaw, homemade baked beans, Tommy's chocolate Espresso cake, and s'mores. It was a lovely evening.

Sun.-Went to church and helped greet at the front door while Phil went to SS. Pastor Bill spoke on goodness. It was good. Sara wasn't there and I missed her. Came home and rested and then the family got together for Philip's birthday party. He wanted pizza and Chocolate Marvel Cake and Snicker's Ice Cream. They watched the Third Hobbit movie and I took Nathan and Alli for a gator ride. We wrapped up in blankets. Nathan was cuddly again, when I was with him by himself. He looked up and smiled and let me kiss him over and over again. Janelle called in the eve. She had stepped in a hive of yellow jackets and they were all over her but she got stung only 5 times-once in the head. I came over and she had big red spots with welts. Her head hurt the worse. I took Michael's lavender and purify oils. She had put baking soda mixture on and that relief was wearing off. Then we put the oils on after she washed the soda off and Jeanne G. had benedryl so she took some of that and 600 mg if IBprofen. Then we put ice on the spots and she got comfortable in bed and I told Micah to call me if she was having any trouble and to call 9-1-1 if she was having trouble breathing. I told him I thought she would be okay though. She was, too. Made it safely through the night and went to teach the next day. Just itchy where stung.

No comments: