Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Sept. 14-20, 2015

Mon.-Busy Monday. Went out to Farmville early eve. and visited Judy awhile before going to IF gathering. Apple theme. I love these women.

Tues.-Busy Day. Had Nathan for awhile and he just gets cuter and cuter. Touches his nose, ears, kisses goodbye and waves now besides making some animal sounds. Watched a movie with Susan in eve after getting groceries in Appomattox. Recommend the movie for adults-"Far From the Madding Crowd." Had just read the book this month.

Wed.-Lindsay and I dared each other today to post a poster she sent me via phone. Something a little daring. We both chickened out even though I told her I'd give her a $25 Starbucks card if she did it. Everyone would have laughed. One in a hundred may have been offended but I was still chicken and Phil is still an elder. I'm sure you're curious now. Worked in the old house, took a walk, visited with Susan, made a carrot cake and iced it, put ice cream in between Michael's halved angel food cake, made mac and cheese with venison and fire roasted tomatoes in it, planned a party for Phil Sat. night with the Rainey's and Hoffman's coming for chicken curry with rice and toppings, and I'm not sure what all else I did. It's 6 and I'm ready for bed. Phil is getting the grain bins ready for the corn harvest. They sold the corn that was in it and the guy got it last night and they didn't get to bed until 11. Freeman came and helped Phil and Philip and Philip said he could have kissed him. Susan is working this eve. I asked Lori K today if she's going to Sam's Club any time soon and here she was going today. She got me aluminum roasting pans for when we do Scrapple next weekend. I'll meet up with her tomorrow and get them over tea. I told Susan today that the pediatrician we had while they were growing up said that my mother was one in a million because he thought I was such a good mother. She said, "That's what my children's pediatrician will say to me." I don't know if I recorded this or not but a month or so ago she said, "If you were a dog, you would be Lucy. Maybe that's why I love her so much."

Thurs.-Had a nice visit with Lori K. this morning. She got me foil pans at Sam's Club yesterday. Asked for Nathan later in the day and we drove over to Happy Valley to make sure the lights were working, over and over. Then we took Grandpa down to the river to make sure the river was still frozen. Nathan gave a little gasp each time I put his feet in the water. It was cold. Then we drove around the corn field to check on the bear damage and to give the spider's more to do after we were gone. Nathan sat happy and relaxed on Grandpa's lap. Then we checked the cows to make sure they were okay. He noticed that they weren't in the lane pasture so we went to look for them as we went to the river. He is a Noticer, a Communicator, and a Lover. I love the way he looks up at me when we're riding the gator and then smiles and tucks his head in close for kisses on his eyes and nose. Susan went in early to work for a girl who called in sick. She spent some time with Julie after work. Michael got to bed by 8 after spending some time down by the river. Phil's busy with the corn harvest. Freeman and Philip are working in Richmond.

Fri.-Woke up to yellow mums on the kitchen table and a note from Susan that read, "Just a reminder that I love you. :) ) How sweet. Makes my day. Janelle and I are meeting at Uptown around noon and have a fun afternoon planned. She and Michael are meeting tonight to go over business plans. (We had lunch at Uptown and then I visited Jessica next door while she went across the street to her lawyers to get her business umbrella set up. Then we met at Amish Originals and walked to Sleeping Bee. Then we went to a movie that was a little bit R rated. "A Walk in the Woods." We both had read the book and couldn't think why it would be R rated but then we were reminded. There was some nice Appalachian Trail beauty to balance things out a little bit. Then she went to pick up Micah and I went to El Patron to have supper with Jessica and then I went to Walmart and got home after 8 and put a few things away. Susan spent the night at Julie's since she had to work late.

Sat.-Happy Birthday Dear Phil and Michael! 59 and 24. Mickey and Mitch had given Phil a 12 piece cake of different cheese cakes for his and Michael's birthday and Philip came over and had some breakfast that Michael made and helped eat the cheese cake too. Alli, Freeman, and Nathan, came over for a quick visit and then I got to work, cleaning up and cooking. Had a nice talk with LP in the afternoon and around 6, the Rainey's and Hoffman's came for Phil's birthday dinner. We had a wonderful time visiting. Phil took the guys over to O'Brien's to show them where he disposed of one of the critter's eating his corn. When they came back, we had a delicious apple pie which Paul had baked. For supper we had chicken curry with rice and it was the best ever. I substituted some coconut cream for the milk and kept it on warm and low all day in the crockpot.  I hope we get together more often. It was a good mix. Chatted with Lindsay today on the phone and that's always good. Michael and Jessica went to the Liberty game and out to Hibachi with Tommy T. to celebrate Michael's birthday. He spent most of the day down at my cottage. He hasn't had time alone for a long time and he had a great day catching up with himself. Susan worked a double shift and has another late night.

Sun.-Sat in the balcony at church today and really enjoyed it. Could see and hear really well. Came home and rested and got my act together and we all met up at Happy Valley in the eve. for Phil and Michael's birthday supper. We had taco salad and angel food ice cream cake and carrot cake. The time of sharing our thoughts toward Phil and Michael was very special. I am so thankful for our family. We watched the first part of  'Lord of the Rings'. It's so nice to be able to fit comfortably around the table and the tv screen. Thank you to our CA friends for opening their VA home to us.

No comments: