Monday, October 12, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Oct. 12-18, 2015

Mon.-Today's the first day of a three week fitness challenge that Lindsay and I are doing together with others online. So far so good. Clean eating makes me want to clean house too. Burned lots of cardboard boxes from old house storage and brought in big legos and other toys and washed them up and exchanged them for some of N's toys here in the house. Walked the whole way out the lane and also did my stretches and strength exercises. Ate well so far. Mindful eating seems to be the ticket for me. And mindful grocery shopping. It really helps to have Lindsay as a partner and we are texting each other the things we eat and drink. We sent each other our measurements and before pictures and Lindsay will send them to our coach. I feel kind of drained because I am probably detoxing and I went from 2 cups of coffee to 1 cup of 1/2 caffeinated coffee. The guys are doing a beautiful job with the dining room. Phil is meeting Uncle Paul Mast out in Lynchburg this eve. for dinner. Uncle Paul is buying a load of cattle.

Tues.-Terrible headache last night made it difficult to sleep. Had another great day though and kept with the plan. Took a walk nearly out the lane this morning and then later in the day, walked to the river with Janelle, Micah, and Lucille Zimmerman. The family was here to meet her. Had supper of tortillas, angel food cake, and ice cream. It was good to catch up with her a bit. She headed towards Harrisonburg, the Tobins, around 8:30 this eve. Susan had to work but she got to see her earlier in the afternoon.
Started questions book today.

Wed.-So much going on around here what with the dining room addition, the Lucas's coming, and a big weekend coming up. Went out to Appomattox and had lunch with Jenny at The Babcock House and then we went to the little shops on Main St. and I got Adi and Emma a little lipstick purse and Susan a Christmas gift and myself some more little bracelets. We also went to the graveside of a young man who recently passed away. His grandfather saw us there and came over to visit. It was heart breaking. Jenny and I parted ways then and I went to Walmart and then came home and watched Nathan while Alli cleaned both houses next door. Susan and friend have been doing the yard work. It's been nice having the guys around. Plus Austin Gridley. Philip Boyer was here doing the electrical work.  I have another severe headache. Hoping to hit the sack early. Drank half the water I drank yesterday but I still drank 3 quarts and walked quite a bit. I walked out the lane and a little on the road this morning and when I got back, Alli and Nathan invited me to walk with them at Happy Valley so that was a good cool down walk for me. Nathan seems to be a mover and a shaker. I think he will run marathons in the flesh and in his spirit. Michael went out to help with youth tonight and Freeman went out to help with Royal Rangers. Philip is working on his house and Susan had off today and worked at Happy Valley and did her wash and cleaned her room. Lots of busyness around here. I love doing this Fitness Program with Lindsay. We text numerous times a day now. One of these days, we'll see each other.

Thurs.-Phil and I left around 12:45 for a quick New England visit with family. Stopped at a Comfort Inn in Wilkes Barre. Traffic awful.

Fri.-Overslept and arrived at our Banton Family around noon. They greeted us in their front lawn with a beautiful fall foliage welcome. Ben acted as if he sees us every day which was really sweet. He is a happy little guy able to communicate exactly what he wants. Emma's beauty and deepening and her love accepting. Adi is an observer and doesn't miss much. She can do anything she wants including sewing like an expert and she is only 7. Emma is 9 and Ben is 2. Lindsay is beautiful and creative and discerning and wise. Gil is protective and generous, grateful and rich. Lindsay mad delicious lunch of lettuce wraps-roast beef, cheese, tomatoes, and trays of fresh fruit and veggies. I tasted their heavenly honey and then got a clean spoon and tasted it again. She also served black bean hummus which was delicious. Lindsay and I walked around their property and saw the bee hives, the apple trees and other fruit trees, the secret garden, and the basement that the New Life team fixed up for them. Ben sat on my lap on the floor and happily looked through a train book. He is gloriously obsessed with trains and Thomas the tank engine. Phil and Ben were a team and decorated the long sofa chair with Ben's drawings and Phil's pen. We took lots of pictures before we left and it was hard to leave but they are coming soon and that helps. Then we drove through awful traffic and arrived at Jordan and Dianah Hertzler's in Auburn, Maine, around 8. Jordan had a nice supper of hamburgers, Hertzler corn and applesauce, and baked potato cubes. Delicious. We hit the sack and slept well. They have a beautiful home. In the morning, Jordan made a breakfast of bacon, scrapple, potatoes, and eggs. Another delicious meal. We drove both cars and went to LLBean in Freeport and walked around that cute tourist town, sampling and buying bread and jams, sharing and eating whoopee pies-the lemon one was one of my favorite, drinking tea and coffee, looking at jewelry. Stopped at another little town and saw their pottery and jewelry and kitchen store where I bought some loose tea and a large muffin tin. We headed to Brunswick and saw where Jordan works on a military ship and then walked on Fort Popham Beach. I took a nap while the others walked several more miles. I stretched out on some kind of beach wooden thingy and soaked in the sun and listened to the waves and heard voices walking by. We ate out at a cool restaurant and Phil ordered a whole lobster. I was the one who should have been wearing the apron because when he'd break a claw, all this whitish liquid stuff flew out. I had a portabella mushroom burger and I wished I had gotten a real one when I saw Jordan's. We said our good byes in the parking lot and Phil and I drove for about 4 hours and got a motel after a number of 'no vacancies' due to a car race in the area. Phil got us a suite and it was nice and we slept well.

Sun.-Traveled home. About 10 hours of driving. House was cold. Jordan, Tommy, Susan, Jessica, and Michael were all wrapped up in blankets watching a movie. I put a lot of our stuff away, took a warm bath, and went to bed.

No comments: