Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Oct. 5-11, 2015

Mon.-I spent the day in Midlothian and Richmond, getting my implant rechecked by my dentist and shopping at Home Goods, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, a shoe store, and Joanne Fabrics.

Tues.-Spent this beautiful day at home and took N for a gator ride over to HV in hopes that he would take a little nap while his mommy got their car inspected. He kissed his little leg over and over when she put him in his car seat. He gets goofy tired and does sweet silly things like this and we all fall in love with him all over again. Susan went shopping in Lynchburg and found a few things at Goodwill and elsewhere. We watched 'Ever After' in the evening, but first, Michael watched 'The Truman Show' with us. What a strange movie.

Wed.-Stayed at home getting things done after I went to Dr. F. for some chiropractic care. Cleaned up the butcher shop, did lots of wash, went over to Happy Valley and read a little about Organizing from the Inside Out and I feel hopeful! Also read a book by Joyce Meyers on being fit and healthy while I drank my Chai tea. Did some clean up outside. Made beets, beef, and cabbage egg rolls. Sewed navy lace around my navy pants that were too short a few minutes ago. Also made a belt. Sent pictures to Judy and she sent me a picture of the duvet she made. So beautiful. Talked with Lindsay-or was that yesterday, and made a plan of attack for our Fitness Challenge coming up Monday. Meanwhile I am eating everything in sight and everything hidden as well. Susan had a 4-8 shift and hopes to Red Box a movie and chill out with me again tonight. The guys were working around here all day, tidying up, farming and building. Michael went out to youth in the evening. Our rooster died yesterday. The hens are upset and so are Susan and I. We think he was old. He showed no signs of struggle and he had plenty to eat and drink. Lindsay and the kids were harvesting honey this evening and I called her Wonder Woman but she was reluctant to own that name. Said I was the superhero. HA!

Thurs.-Went walking with Alli and Nathan in the morning and then spent the day in town. Jessica and I went to see Susan at her work place BDubs and then Jess hung out with me while I got my hair cut. We went to Penelopes to check on a Christmas gift for someone dear, went to Carousel Thrift Shop, the bank, the credit union, Sweet Frog, Judy's and then Jess went home to spend time with Michael and I got groceries at Food Lion and some long black pants at Belks and then met Erin at the Japanese Restaurant next to Sunchase and got home soon after 8 and Phil, Susan, and I, had a late movie night.

Fri.-Shout out to my dear sister in law-Karen H! Happy Birthday! You are one of the best things that ever happened to the Hertzler Clan. We love you!  Hello to Jonathan and Joe as well!  Thanks for all you guys do for us. You are always on the giving end and we appreciate you. XO 
Got a lot of odds and ends done today. Walked with Susan, Alli, and Nathan this morning. Susan and I made food. She made spaghetti squash, acorn squash, and Grandma H's sweet potatoes. I made a broccoli beef lo mein and some quiche. Susan went into work this evening. Austin G. and Philip worked on the addition. Phil worked on blueprints. Nathan came this evening and Philip took him on a four wheeler ride which is what Nathan wanted to do first thing. Even though I was ready and waiting for him on the gator. Phil took him for a ride two weeks ago and now the gator is a little slow for him. Phil and I had a sweet time with Nathan. He fed us frozen blueberries and regaled us with his musical rhythm ability. He ate some hot dog, banana, applesauce/mashed potatoes, and graham cracker. He's just so precious and loves to be with us as much as we love to be with him. Tonight, a wrong number caller said to me, "Well, Jesus loves you and has a plan for your life." Thank you, I said. I couldn't stop smiling for a long time.

Sat.-Was at Freeman and Alli's when Nathan woke up and he snuggled for a long time. It's cold and wet today. We decided not to go to the RR Festival with N. Susan and I went to a moving sale and bought at least 20 DVD's for a dollar each. Watched a movie in the afternoon before Susan went to work. I cleaned the house and I forget what else we did.

Sun.-Good church service. Philip bought pizza for lunch and most everyone was sighting in guns at one place or another in the afternoon. Went out to Farmville in the eve. Phil dropped off car at Mark's. We picked up a few groceries so I wouldn't have to go out tomorrow.

No comments: