Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Honesty

From my mother's journal:

This again somewhat refutes the positive confession 'theory.'
"My eye will never see good." Job 7:7
But they did.
"Now the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning."
Job 42:12
And the writer goes on to tell of all his livestock.
"And he also had 7 sons and 3 daughters. And in all the land were found no women so beautiful as the daughters of Job."

Naomi also did not make any positive confessions about her life but she was blessed with a grandson who became the grandfather of David.
"Naomi took the child and laid him on her bosom, and became a nurse to him. Ruth 4:26.

I'm convinced the Lord desires complete honesty as we relate to Him emotionally.
The Psalms give evidence of this as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read more of my mother's journal writings in the blog IBLieve listed to the right of my blog.

No comments: