Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wisdom and Works

Before I blogged, I wrote things in notebooks. For that matter, I still do. Many times, what I write, never gets blogged. But I was organizing some things yesterday and came across an older notebook where I wrote Bible notes and thoughts. I thought I would share something I wrote in March, 2005.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mark 6:2,3- The people in Jesus's hometown were asking, "Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands! Don't we know His family?...And so they were offended in Him."

The wisdom of God and the works of His hands operate together in Jesus and in us.

Those who knew Jesus in the flesh were offended by His strength in Spirit.

They held on to their natural revelation of His flesh and refused to believe He had an anointing from God or that He had come from God in the first place-before they knew Him in the flesh.

We do this to ourselves.

We get a glimpse of the works God could do through us in His great wisdom and we throw unbelief of ourselves and say, "Why me? I know myself. I know my background and my father's house. I know my flesh!"

And because we acknowledge our flesh over who we are in Christ, we do not believe in Him or what works He could do through us and what great wisdom is ours in Him.

We take fleeting temptations that fly over our heads and claim them as personal sin rather than saying, "That's not who I am." Rather than looking on His face, like a pet looks to His Master, waiting for His next Word, we snap at the insignificant gnat buzzing over our heads and miss the ointment from His hands that keep the gnats away.

O God, I am afraid of falling. I am afraid that if you use me like you use Jesus, I will take credit in my flesh for Your gifts. And then I would fall...hard. I don't want to fall. So if I stay on this level ground, I won't fall far. The higher I climb into the heights of Your presence, the harder I can fall. Oh, help my thinking to be right. O God, renew my mind. I'll renew my mind as your word commands me.

Jude 24-"Now to Him who is able to keep me from falling or stumbling,
and to present me faultless before the presence
of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior, Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty, Dominion and power,
Both now and forever, Amen.

The Key? Jude 20, 21-
1-Build yourselves up in your most holy faith
2-Pray in the Holy Spirit
3-Keep yourselves in the love of God
4-Look for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life

He keeps us from falling.
We use the key He's placed into our hands.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: