Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hertzler Doings~Jan.10-16,2011

Mon.-No School-Teacher's In-service day. Made bean soup, veggie soup, and salad. Went to Farmville. Had an unplanned significant conversation with some dear friends about future studies. Went to Kroger's, a meeting, and the library. Mom called, voice trembling this eve. around 8:30. "Jonathan Robert was born at 8:06 this evening." I had to cry too. Phil's brother, Joe, and his wife, Karen, have been married for 9 years. Phil's brother John's name was 'John Robert' and Karen's brother's name was Robert. Both were killed in cycle accidents in the past few years. Two new little boy nephews within two days! What life and joy they will bring to our family! What fun they will have playing together! We must get up north more often! 20 grandkids for Mom and Dad. Whoo-Hoo! I am thankful for David Andrew and Jonathan Robert and for their excited weary parents. I am thankful for Mom and her joy and her sorrow. I am thankful for food.

Tues.-Snowed a bit and freezing rain. No school. Caught up with Judy and Lindsay on the phone. Tidied house and blogged. I am thankful that I could rest today.
I am thankful for time with Michael and how much he is enjoying this extra time with Susan and I. I am thankful that the guys are out working in the barn and that we are all here together.

Wed.-Two hour delay. Schedule worked out that I didn't have to come in to teach the one morning music class since the kids are having popcorn and a movie this afternoon. Reading, Writing, and resting. Went to run a few errands before picking up Susan at school. Took Susan to youth group in eve. I picked up Missi and Lindsay and we went to Judy's. Lindsay took pictures of Judy's sewing room and measured tables, etc. She is going to Ikea on Sat. and buying some things to organize Judy's sewing room. She lays awake at night, so excited, and thinking about how she is going to do it. Now that's a gift. Judy gave me two large pieces of flannel with my new nephews names and birth dates embroidered with machine stitching on the right corner. I am going to make blankets for them. She also gave Michael a gift for grad-a brown towel set with his initials embroidered in orange. He likes them very much. I am thankful for the news of a marriage being mended. I am thankful for the Repairer of that Breach. I am thankful for the time to be with friends I've known for 7 years and a friend I've known for 26+ years and the comfort of them all.

Thurs.-School. Art class. Why can K/1 boys get the concept and skill of weaving and little K/1 girls cannot? Except one. And she was my helper. Couldn't have done it without her. Second graders water-colored coffee filters and we put them on the window to make a stained glass affect. First day with energy since eating healthier. Went to Coleman's and got a bird feeder. I filled it and put it on my little tree by the porch and while I was standing there, the little fluffed up birds came and waited on the branches. How did they know so soon? Went to the library in town as well and got two Poirot movies. Watched one in eve. Exhausting day. I'm thankful that although tears may endure for a night, that joy promises to come in the morning. I am thankful for CCA and my dear teacher friends and all of the students. I love every one of them.

Fri.-Cleaned up the house. Washed. Finished Lisa's book 'Canaan Creed' for the second time. So good. Got hit with a stomach bug early afternoon. Not nice. Michael dropped off Susan at Freeman and Alli's on the way to a Cutco demonstration. They went to Liberty's ice skating rink where the church was partying. Susan enjoyed skating with Mr. Leon who is a master on ice. I am thankful for people who care about my children-praying for them, skating with them, concerned about their education, etc. I am thankful for dear husband, Phil. I am thankful for time with him in the eves., watching mystery movies.

Sat.-Beautiful sunny day. Lost 4 pounds since yesterday. Can't eat. Cleaned house. Made pureed veg. soup, salad. Susan made a big pot of vegetable soup. Watched Princess Diaries with Susan. Took a nap. Made popcorn. Paul and Lisa came over and we played Dictionary and Pick One. Paul helped Phil in the barn before coming in. I am thankful for so many good writers around the table. Lisa won the game of Dictionary. I am thankful that the new shelves in our house have helped me get more organized and I can clean the house quicker now. I am thankful that the benefit of having a stomach virus is weight loss. I am thankful for our dear friends.

Sun.-Church. Kelli home with us. Long nap. Church again in eve.

I am thankful for books by Jan Karon-'The Mitford Series'. I am thankful for my children.

No comments: