Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sausage Sweet Potato Bake

from 'The Best of Mennonite Fellowship Meals" by Phyllis Pellman Good and Louise Stoltzfus

I used to act and sing at Dutch Family Festival the summer I was 16. Meryl and Phyllis Pellman Good were the owners of that business and I so enjoyed my experiences there.

This is one of our favorite meals from this cookbook.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 lb. bulk sausage-I like the turkey sausage Walmart sells in a roll.
2 med. raw sweet potatoes
3 med. apples
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup water
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brown sausage and drain excess fat
Peel and slice sweet pot. and apples
Toss sausage, pot., and apples in a 2 quart
casserole dish. (I triple the recipe and use
a roasting pan. Works in a crockpot also.)
Combine last four ingredients and pour over
and toss. Cover and bake at 375 for 50-60 min.
or until done. Sometimes I bake it at 250 for
3 hours.
Delicious!

No comments: