Monday, February 28, 2011

Notes from the Past

Today I was cleaning out my church bag and several pieces of paper escaped from my church Bible. About six May's ago, Phil had Philip and Michael write a Mother's Day list for me. Susan was too young to do it on her own and Freeman was away at school. Reading them again made me weepy and thankful and I decided to record them in case the precious lists fall out again sometime and get lost. Perhaps you fathers who read my blog would like to help your children bless your wife in this way. I was homeschooling the children at the time. Philip was 15 or 16 years old and Michael was 12 or 13. I must keep the spelling as is and not worry about spell check this time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michael's list.

10 things I Love about you

1. wisdom
2. biblical standards and values
3. Loving
4. Beeutiful
5. you're almost always right about everything.
6. you give excellent advice and you help me understand
everything that doesn't make sense.
7. You're not a controlling mom.
8. When I do something stupid you tell me what I did
wrong and tell me how to do it right.
9. you always get whats best for me even though it's
inconvient for you. aka. School
10. you love my father, and you love me as much
as you love my brothers and sister.
11. I love you because you're my mom.

Happy Mother's day,
Michael
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And Philip's-
Ten Things I Love about my Mother-

1. I love her because of her unearthy beauty. :)
2. Her never ending kindness and Love.
3. The way she is always there for me no matter
what I am going through.
4. I also love her for being a Diffenbach,
because if she wasn't then I wouldn't know the
wonderful diffenbach family.
5. also for marrying my dad :)
because we all know that without dad
my brothers and I wouldn't look
half as good. :)
6. I love the way she can always smell
me from across the room.
(even though It might not seem like it)
7. I also love you mother for Punishing me
when I was bad because if you hadn't,
well I don't want to think about it. :)
8. I love when you care enough about all of us to
cook for several days straight before you leave
so we don't have to just eat ice cream.
(even though we don't mind ice cream)
9. I love you mother for letting me trap and hunt
instead of doing school
10. And last but not least, my dear mom,
thank you for supporting me in everything
reasonable that I have wanted to do in life!

I Love You!
Have a great Mothers day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michael just walked by here as I was sniffing my way through the typing of these treasures and he said, "You know what? I remember that. I remember Dad saying that if we wrote you notes about what we loved about you, that you would like that more than anything else. And the fact that you still have the notes and are doing this just proves that he was right!"

No comments: