Thursday, July 31, 2008

Archives-Freeman

To any young mothers who read this, I want to encourage you to write down the cute things your kids say and do. Here's some I recorded about Freeman. He is now 24. Can it be?

Three and one-half years old-
Freeman, very tired, " I feel a little wobbly." He lay down and said, "I can't walk. I ate too much bread."

At Story Hour at the Library, a little girl stood up and others couldn't see. Freeman reached toward her and said,"Sit down, Little Darling." The Mothers went,"Ahhhh...Is he yours?" I tried to be modest in my affiirmation but I was very pleased and proud.

Freeman took two paper towels and was trying to "blow Gabe's nose". (Gabe was our dog.)

Freeman, watching Phil leave for work, "He is a sweet little daddy, mama."

"Hear the crickets yellin' ?"

Me-"Here-you can get the flies with this fly swatter."
Free-"But I'm not a very good getter."

Me -(pregnant with Philip)-" Freeman, will you pat my head. I don't feel well."
Freeman-" Do you want this fast or slow?
Later, "Freeman, will you pray for me?"
Free-"No-pray for yourself, cause I'm so tired."

Freeman, laying on my 5 month pregnant belly.
Me-"Now you can feel the baby kick."
He moves off. " I don't want her kickin' my belly."
(He thinks it will hurt.)

Freeman patting my hips-"Mommy, you're getting a little clumpy."

Freeman's feet hurt him. Phil explained that Jesus can heal him. Freeman very sweetly said, "He's healing someone else right now." Next morning he comes downstairs and says excitedly-"He healed me!"

2 comments:

Janet Oberholtzer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet Oberholtzer said...

Annie - great memories! What fun to recall those little boy comments.

PS. I deleted by first comment cause I used your real name :)