Thursday, July 17, 2008

Father's Day

This Father's Day, our pastor called the families to come up around the altar and he directed the father's to pray for their wife and children. My husband, Phil, began to pray. I had one arm around Phil and one arm around Michael,16, and he had his arm around Philip, 19, who had his arm around Freeman,23, who had his arm around Phil... you get the picture. Michael was trying to tell me something while Phil was praying and I finally discerned that he was saying, with a small amount of panic in his voice, "Please move your hand up higher....your hand is on my hiney." Well, I started to laugh and then he started to shake and I moved my hand as quickly as possible. Phil just kept praying away. Michael later said,"I've grown since the last time we did this."

No comments: