Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy and Kind

We have a great car-pooling system set up.
I take Michael and Susan over to the Robinson's in the morning
and Leanne or Kinkle drive them and their two boys into school.
I go home and have a nice time of quietness and reading.
I watch the news or GodTV and exercise while doing so.

I pick them up from school at 3:00.
I enjoy taking Kincaid, 10, and Parks,8, back home to their mother.
Sometimes, they are quiet and are reading books.
Kincaid takes home huge, cumbersome books that contain more history on one page than I remember from all of my history studies combined.
Kincaid explains all kinds of things to me, using big words,
and grown-up ways. I told his dad, "You know, Kincaid could teach at Harvard tomorrow."
"I don't know about that," said Kinkle modestly.
"I just want him to be happy and kind."
This family is blessed with several generations of happiness and kindness.

Whenever I play classical music at school, Parks and Kincaid are in their glory.
I talked with Leanne about it.
I discovered that when she was pregnant with them, she played classical music all the time.


Last week, on the way home, they began talking about Park's blogsite.
"Parks," I said. "If you start writing more on your blogsite, I will post your blogspot on my blog." (He's only written one time.)
I told them that sometimes I write up stories about the children at school.
"Have you ever written about any of us?" they queried.
I wished I had.
"I've written about Parks class," I said.
Kincaid let me know that he would like if I wrote about him.
He said, " I could use some publicity right now."
I laughed and said that his funny statement was the kind of thing I wrote about.
He asked me today if I had blogged what he had said.
Now, I can answer, "Yes."

I like all of the children at school.
Perhaps, because I travel with Parks and Kincaid, I have a special place in my heart for them. I almost feel like I'm their aunt. I feel responsible for them and look out for them.


Today, Kincaid said that the older he gets, the faster time flies.

He also said that he was dying of hunger and I said, "It's a good thing your family owns a funeral home."
Then I felt bad about that but Michael said it was funny.


No comments: