Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hertzler Doings~May 29-31, 2009

May 29-Phil talked to his cousin Ed, again today. Ed's brother, Parke, died at 10:00 this morning. My husband weeps as he talks about Parke seeing Grandaddy and Grandma Mast. He thinks of Parke seeing his own mother, Miriam, who is Phil's mother's sister. Phil was with her several years ago when she died. He's wanted to go to heaven more than ever since that day.
Judy came, bringing lunch, her sweet presence, and laughter as we watched a funny movie together.
I am so exhausted. Michael took Susan to a Missionette's sleepover at Miss Kelly's. Have given up on sleeping. But it's ok.

May 30-Sat.~picked up Susan and went to town to run some errands. Mulched front flower bed with Philip's help. Michael mowed and weedwacked all day. Covered in grass and sun-burned when he came in to eat supper. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the floor had just been vacuumed. Nothing seems that important anymore. It's just dirt. Philip helped in the fields most of the day and Freeman was working with Jason Bates. Had spent the night there last eve.
Freeman rotatilled the garden until after dark. We might have a garden afterall.

May 31-Sun-Phone call from Naomi. Francie Kurtz, family friend and mother of one of my dearest friends died this morning at 7:00. She had been sick for a short time. Just a few weeks ago, she helped serve food at Anne's wedding. Naomi told Bev that Francie was going to get a big pink mansion in heaven. They joked about how Francie would gently push Jesus aside, and say, "I'll talk to you later. Right now I have to see Lester." Her husband, Lester, had passed away quite a few years ago. She talked daily of wanting to go be with him. Now, her prayers are answered. I think of little Julie, Bev's little girl, my god-daughter, who will miss her grammy so very much. She would see her almost every day. I want to go the funeral but I am too tired to drive. Maybe I could fly up. I know it would mean alot to Bev, and I know she would say, "Stay home but come up soon and take me to the beach." We've been going to the beach for almost 10 years now. Naomi is taking pink roses to Bev tomorrow from us beach girls-Rosa, Naomi, and myself. We've been with each other through some major situations in life.

Went to church. Pastor Rob preached. Kim was baptized and a young boy was also baptized. Michael went with some of his buddies to Ben Smith's house for the afternoon. Philip went with Christi to a friend's party and Freeman and Alli came here for lunch and an afternoon of the river and popcorn and a movie. I like Alli. I like Christi, too. Susan wrote some e-mail's and watched the movie that Alli and Freeman watched. I talked with Naomi for awhile and then took Phil to Ron and Kathy Martin's. Tom also went with them to Pa. (For Parke's funeral.) Played a rousing game of double-deck Dutch Blitz with Susan in the eve.

Lisa led one of my most favorite songs today. "Better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere." I saw Johnny in the courts of the Lord. I saw Abie and Park and Francie and my dad and others, hands upraised, worshipping God without pain or sorrow or even the awareness of those things. Freedom. Purity. Oneness. Holy, holy, holy...Though the darkness hide Thee...won't be true in Heaven. Nothing will hide Him there.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm so sorry that there has been so much death this month in your family. We'll keep you all in our prayers.

Annie said...

Thank you for your prayers. I wouldn't want to be without them, Jeanne. Annette

Janet Oberholtzer said...

Was at Francie's viewing tonight. She looked so peaceful and good in her pretty pink (her favorite color) dress. I can imagine her dancing with Lester and Jesus tonight - happy to be home :)

Annie said...

Thank you for sharing that Janet. It just really makes me cry. It makes it real that she is gone and I am happy for her. Dear friend Bev,how is she?