Sunday, May 24, 2009

Of Men and Waffles

"Men are like waffles, Mom," Michael explained.
"They are able to compartmentalize situations that come up in life and deal with them one little square at a time.
Women are like spaghetti. One upset strand of spaghetti affects every other strand in their pile of pasta."

I thought about this.
I watched my husband and son's and other men in my life do the waffley thing.
Then a situation arose and I got angry.
But, I had to pull it together because I couldn't allow my one upset noodle to
affect the rest of my life and I had to change-fast.
I thought,"I will think like a man!"
And I did.
I put the anger back into my little waffle square
and took a bite out of the next little square.
It was good and I functioned well.

I was pretty impressed with this whole waffle idea.
I am going to think like a man more often.

No comments: