Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's Gonna Be Worth It

This morning at church, we were singing the song, "It's gonna be worth it," around the altar. It is a song of encouragement for the weary soul to hold on; that someday soon we will see Jesus.

  This time, as we sang it, I began to think of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. I traveled back in time and I sang the song to Him; "It's gonna be worth it, it's gonna be worth it all." I tried to comfort Him and reassure Him that going through what He was about to go through would be worth it.  We, His people, would make it worth His while. His death would not be in vain in our lives.  We would be that joy that was set before Him and He would not be sorry that He died for us.

I think that's what the angels said to Him when they came to minister to Him in the garden. "It's gonna be worth it. Hold on. It's gonna be worth it. You'll get many brothers and sisters by dying for them. It's gonna be worth it. You'll be home soon. It's gonna be worth it. You'll have a beautiful bride. It's gonna be worth it. You'll touch your Father's face in just a few days. It's gonna be worth it..."

He sings it to me. I sing it to Him. I sing it to you. You sing it to me. The great crowd of witnesses sings it to us. Don't give up. Be faithful. Be strong. Love God with all your heart. Don't get offended. Don't be bitter. Don't turn away. Don't get distracted. Stay focused on Him. Don't be afraid. It's gonna be worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"It's Gonna Be Worth It!" Yes, that was an awesome song yesterday. Your thoughts about Jesus is so beautifully written.

Yes, It Is Gonna Be Worth It! Praise God!

Your sister in Christ,
Joanne