Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Mother's Journal Gems

Amidst the group of 'vile' sins~Mark 7:21,22~Jesus lists thoughtlessness. (Berkley translation) Wow! How often I am guilty. ~~Suffering and pain of our own should make us more thoughtful of others.

PSA. 11:7a~~The Lord~~loves acts of righteousness. In the beautitudes Matt.6:3 Jesus tells us to do acts of righteousness secretly and then your Father will reward you.

These two verses although far apart, have pretty much the same message. Of course, the Author is one and the same. Ezekial 3:27~ But when I speak with you, I will open your mouth, and you shall say to them,"Thus says the Lord God." And~Mark 13:11b~Do not worry what to say; but say whatever is given you in that hour; for you are not speaking; but the Holy Spirit.

What draws others to the Lord?! Psa 40:3~He put a new song in my mouth, praise to our God~Many shall see it and revere and trust the Lord.

I read now in Ez. 14:3,4,7~that Israel has set temptations to sin before themselves and is bent upon the sin which trips him up. God condemns them unequivocally. Books and TV are ways of doing this. Rich, high caloric foods are another. Over and over in Ez. God's whole purpose for everything that He does is "so you shall know that I am the Lord."

Luke 24:52~ They worshipped Him and went back to Jerusalem with great joy. I always wonder about that. Jesus just left them for good physically. Somehow He was able to portray His going as a reason for joy. For one thing, they had no more doubts as to whom He was.

No comments: