Sunday, November 2, 2008

Oct 31~Nov.2

On Friday, the children had a half day at school. I went to Parent Teacher's Conferences and heard about Susan and Michael's excellent schoolwork and delightful personalities. (smile) Michael stayed at school and helped clean up the gym while Susan and I got haircuts. On Friday eve. Susan and I went to the Bantans and took care of Adi and Emma while their parents went to a Chi Alpha costume party. Lindsay was dressed like a zookeeper and Gil was one of the Blues Brothers. My son, Freeman, was the other Blues Brother. We spent the night there and the next morning, we went to a consignment sale. I bought a rocker with off-white cushions to put in my chapel cottage.
Susan and I worked on my cottage most of the day. We scrubbed some more on the desecrated floor and sprayed wasps and flies and other bugs. We washed windows and swept down the walls. Then we made a little altar with a hay bale and comforter and two pillows. We set up a table in front of the picture windows. We put pretty pictures, candles, shells, stones, etc. around the windows and tables and made it look peaceful and pretty. The rocker looks lovely there and was a needed addition. I have a basket of books sitting in the corner. I took Phil down to see it this afternoon.(Sunday) Now he wants to finish the cabin. But I will enjoy it before it gets finished.
On Saturday eve. Michael, Susan and I went over to Tom and Helen's for their yearly hike, hayride, and chili supper. It's always so nice to get acquainted with their homeschooling friends. Phil planted wheat until it was dark .
We went to church in the morning and even though I could have slept in due to the time change, my body didn't know that yet. So, I was back here writing, early this morning. Michael, Freeman, and Susan stayed after church for musical practise. Now Phil and I are going to a meeting at church. I need to get ready. So long...

No comments: