Sunday, November 2, 2008

Treasure Hunters

God is a treasure hunter. He found treasure in the world He created. It was Adam. It was Eve. It was you. It was me. He gave His all, like the person in the parable who found treasure in a field and sold everything he had in order buy it. He gave Himself through His Son and purchased all the diamonds in the rough in His world. You are His treasure. I am His treasure. He's been beautifying us for some time now. And He has given us His job. We are now treasure hunters.
I see diamonds everywhere. Some are more rough than others. But I find treasure in every person I meet. He's given me His eye for treasure. He's given me His heart to care about the treasure. He helps me say to that treasure, "Be found. Be used. Don't be afraid. I'm a diamond in the rough, too."
A treasure never loses its value. And it increases in value when placed into God's hands. He knows just what to do to bring out its luster and beauty and usefulness.
Of all the known and unknown names for God, one of my favorites is 'Treasure Hunter.'

No comments: