Saturday, November 1, 2008

Psalm of Comfort~Ps. 143:8-12

Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You.

Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies;
In You I take shelter.
Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness.

Revive me, O Lord, for Your name's sake!
For Your righteousness' sake
Bring my soul out of trouble.

In Your mercy cut off my enemies,
And destroy all those who afflict my soul;
For I am Your servant.

In this Psalm, David is asking God to do different things for him, and he gives God the reason why He should answer him. My favorite one is when David asks God to revive him for God's own name's sake and for the sake of His righteousness to bring him(David) out of trouble. I think many of us are facing some trouble right now. It may be physical, spiritual, financial, etc. The economy was never our Provider. God is our Provider and He always will be. Insurance is not our Provider. Does God use these things? Do we feel the effects in our own lives when these things fail? Yes. But, let's remind each other that God is God regardless of what the Kingdoms of this world are doing. We belong to a different Kingdom. And for the sake of His name, He will help us and deliver us from our trouble.
Take courage. We are His. He takes care of His own. Even when we've made mistakes. We do not forsake our children when they make mistakes. He is a better parent than we are. Trust His Love.

No comments: