Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Michael's red hair

Last Christmas, my Mother voiced some sorrow over Michael's short hair. "It's so beautiful, and he keeps it so short," she lamented.
On a whim, I told Philip and Michael that I would give them $100 if they let their hair grow for a year.
Michael bit the bait. In July, I couldn't stand it any longer. He needed money to go to King's Dominion, and I offered him $50 to get a trim.
He took up my offer.
Now, I can barely see his eyes.
Now, he is so excited because he can get his hair into a ponytail.
Now, his brother and other friends beg me not to make him cut his hair.
It's longer than mine, for cryin' out loud!
January is coming up and I'll need to fork over another $50.00.
But, the headmistress's son is teaching a computer course at school. Hunter has handsome red hair that comes past his shoulders. He has given Michael a new goal. Yesterday, the headmistress told him that by next year's picture taking time, his hair would be as long as her sons.
Michael's hair is beautifully red, like his Grandmother Hertzler's.
It is beautifully wavy, like his Grandmother Diffenbach's.
They'll be so happy to see him at Christmas and they, like me, will not be able to tell him that he needs to get his hair cut.

No comments: