Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Day of Vengeance

"He will not be afraid of evil tidings;
His heart is steadfast,
trusting in the LORD.

His heart is established;
He will not be afraid,
Until he sees his desire upon his enemies."
 Ps. 112:8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love Isaiah 61.

  It describes the ministry of Jesus Christ. Too often, we quickly take the words and switch them over to be our ministry. We need to read the words again and soak them in and say, "Jesus, I receive the fullness of your ministry in my life."

Listen.

  Jesus says to you,"I have come to heal your broken heart and to give you liberty over anything that holds you captive.

  I am opening your prison doors and proclaiming that this is your year of acceptance. This day I will avenge the wrongs done to you. 

I will comfort you as you mourn. I will give you beauty for ashes and the oil of joy for mourning. 
 
See, I am bringing a garment of praise for the spirit of sadness.

  I do this so you may be called a tree of righteousness, a planting of the Lord, so my name may be glorified. You will rebuild the ruins of your life and raise up former desolations. You will see the desolations of generations turned into joy..."

Ps.112:8 says that we will see our desire upon our enemies. What are your enemies? Cancer, destruction to your family, lack, discontentment, fear of old age?
Part of Jesus' ministry toward us is vengeance against those things that rob us of the Life of God within us. 

"The day of vengeance of our God." (Is.61:2) 

I can give my desire for revenge and place it in His Hand. I can be free to go on living, knowing that vengeance is His and He will repay my enemies.

  And He will comfort me as He avenges me. 
Watch and see it happen.

No comments: