Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving and other Hertzler Doings

Life has been very busy.
I miss writing in my blog.

I've been busy getting ready for our school's Christmas Program~Lessons and Carols.

I've been busy with sorrow. I met a friend semi-halfway in another town about 2 1/2 hours away. Her story couldn't be told over the phone. We cried through the night and during the daylight hours, went shopping and laughed alot. Joy does come in the morning, doesn't it.


Phil, Freeman, and Philip went bear hunting in PA. They brought home two bear and I am going to make a bear roast for supper tonight.

For Thanksgiving, we had Ray and Ruth Horst over. We had turkey, gravy, gourmet potatoes, filling, limas, 7-layer salad, applesauce, cranberry sauce, Ruth's sweet tea, pumpkin crush, pumpkin pie and Cool Whip. Ruth brought half the food. We sat around afterwards and watched "The Three Stooges" while semi-napping and trying to get away from ourselves. This is what one does when one has eaten too much. We played "Farkel" and took a ride on the gator to visit my chapel/cottage. It is so nice to be with people that feel like family.

I am thankful. I am thankful for a loving husband who mutes the remote when I start to talk. He turns and looks at me and smiles. I am thankful for three loving sons and a precious daughter. I am thankful for our church and our school and our neighbors, Mickey and Mitch. I am thankful for the families back home who love us and are happy to see us and who come to see us too. I am thankful for my precious mother and for Phil's mother and father. (Phil always says with pride,"My dad thinks you can do no wrong.")

I am thankful for our property. I think it is heaven on earth.

I am thankful for God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I am thankful that they drew me to themselves and fill me with themselves and keep me for themselves.
I am thankful for my treasured friends, old and new, silver and gold. What would I do without them?

I am thankful that I can read. Reading other's thoughts and ideas and stories is one of my greatest joys. I am thankful for time to read and time to write.

I could go on and on. My heart overflows.

No comments: