Sunday, November 2, 2008

Psalm of Comfort~Ps.31 excerpts

Psalm 31-NIV~
"...be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me...for the sake of your name lead and guide me...Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth..I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place....I trust in you...My times are in your hands...Let your face shine on me...save me in your unfailing love...How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you. In the shelter of your presence you hide them from the intrigues of men; in your dwelling you keep them safe from accusing tongues...be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord."

And my favorite verse in Ps.31 is verse 21~"Praise be to the LORD, For He showed His wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city."
A besieged city is one that is surrounded by trouble on every side. There is no way out. And He shows His great love to us in those situations. We can only look to Him. No human saviour can be found. No internal resources are available. God flies over city walls that are surrounded by the enemy of our souls. He swoops down and covers us with His wings. He preserves us from evil with His great love.

(In this Psalm, we see again that God will lead and guide us for the sake of His name. He also shows His goodness to us in the sight of men.)

No comments: