Monday, June 29, 2009

Chocolate Marvel Cake

I got this originally from 'Taste of Home' magazine but have changed a few things about it.
The prunes are a part of the original recipe.

1 cup strong brewed coffee
1 cup milk
2 containers pureed baby food prunes
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

Beat.

Blend together dry ingredients
and add to wet ingred.

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Pour into 2 or 3
9" round cake pans
sprayed and floured
(I use wax paper)
Bake 350" for 25"-35"
Cool about 10" and
take out of pans
put on racks to finish cooling.

Icing:
I usually times this recipe by 1/2
to have more icing.

6 T. butter, softened
2 2/3 cup 10x sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
Mix.
Add 2 T. milk
2 T. strong coffee
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat well and ice cake.
Even better on day two-
if it lasts that long.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Gotta try this one. You are one amazing cook. Can you post your pickle recipe? We ate up that jar you gave us and the fellas are asking for more. Also can you direct me to your amazing bread recipe? Thanks!

Annie said...

Hi Jeanne! I just found your comment. You now have my pickle recipe. I have sourdough starter and can give you some. I make my bread with that base. The cake is even better on the second day. It's amazing. Annette