Friday, June 5, 2009

Sleepless in Pamplin

I've been having trouble sleeping since my sister's son was killed two weeks ago. I found this lovely poem in 'Streams in the Desert' devotional book. I read it to Michael and he said it reminded him of that verse in Matthew 11-"Come unto me all you that are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest." I think I will memorize this poem and perhaps set it to some lullaby music. I think you will like it too.

Tonight, my soul, be still and sleep;
The storms are raging on God's deep-
God's deep, not yours; be still and sleep.

Tonight, my soul, be still and sleep;
God's hands will still the Tempter's sweep-
God's hands, not yours; be still and sleep.

Tonight, my soul, be still and sleep;
God's love is strong while night hours creep-
God's love, not yours; be still and sleep.

Tonight, my soul, be still and sleep;
God's heaven will comfort those who weep-
God's heaven, not yours; be still and sleep.

No comments: